[Entity Limits] Try to break it!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Aikar, Oct 7, 2012.

1. Or maybe its becasue of the things he says.
    jaqiefox, mba2012 and Chascarrillo like this.
  2. [BUG REPORT]
    Okay I think I may have actually found a bug, I'm sorry if this has already been reported but I thought it was better I report then not :)

Okay so lately I've been grinding quite a lot, Something I've noticed is that the mobs coming from spawners will continue to spawn (I think once over the limit the spawn rate slows down) even when over the entity limit... I'm sure this is a bug and shouldn't be happening. I haven't noticed this occurring with natural spawns (dark-rooms and such) but I'm not sure as my dark-room is set to auto kill the mobs with a lava blade... I have seen this build up to around the 280 mob mark as well... Anyways I hope this get's fixed!
    2012-10-12_20.21.23.png

~Stads
  3. I actually told Aikar about this problem minutes before you posted. Its not a real issue, it may be more about how the data is being reported rather than how many mobs are actually there. If you press shift+f3 and look at the E: value, it should have a ratio there, x/y. Y is the representation of the mobs in the area, and it stays right under 200. So it is still fine. At least from my testing. I know I was getting some crazy big numbers, but at the same time, I was not getting any more xp from the grinder.
  4. Ahh okay. I don't understand where your referring me to though as x/y is the coords... But I think I may have found the correct area and yes it hasn't actually gone over the 200 mark. It's only about 140 mobs...
  5. lol.. well actually i was using x/y to represent values xD... as in.. 80/140... because that is what it would have looked like in game. not the

X:
    Z:
    Y:

area.
    _Stads_ likes this.
  6. Oh lol, when I explain stuff with values (which I hardly ever do) I normally use a,b and c... I can't believe I didn't pick up on the *facepalm* Well anyways thank you for explaining :D
  7. Lol
    _Stads_ likes this.
  8. you didnt know? we are minecraft generated in a little spinning cage. We have to many hit points to make an efficient grinder though.
    jkjkjk182, _Stads_ and Chascarrillo like this.
  9. So... you drop xp when killed?
    _Stads_ likes this.
  10. No. Just banhammers.
    mba2012, Chascarrillo and _Stads_ like this.
  11. lol! I fixed it though :p
    mba2012 and Chascarrillo like this.
  12. :D What can we craft with banhammers?
    banhammer2.jpg
  13. Kickhammers? Maybe :rolleyes:
  14. Perhaps you can make indefinite ban hammers...
  15. Yeah, or "x" hour banhammers :D
  16. hmm maybe they create new moderators?!?
    mba2012 and Chascarrillo like this.
  17. Ok, Aikar... I am not sure how but I broke it. I was minding my own business slaughtering some Cows for their meaty leather. and I decided to /entc when I was done...
    2012-10-12_16.50.10.png
    Notice the Item Count: -3.
    What kind of math does this feature run on? so confused..
    jaqiefox and mba2012 like this.
  18. So far the system works fine, but the instruction /entcount is broken. I have a grinder on a mushroom island, so I have complete control of the mobs, and the grinder works fine, stopping when the cap of 200 is reached, but the /entcount instruction gives completely wrong results.

2012-10-12_21.30.40.png 2012-10-12_21.33.37.png 2012-10-12_21.34.55.png
  19. I just though of somthing i know it a bad time to say after uve just finished with the new update, but instead of the animals just going back to your own res you could do it so they teleport to a specfic place where the owner has placed a sign or somthing.Im not sure if it even possible and even if it is possible it would be very hard but im just tryinhg to help improve the server.:)