Enraged mobs?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by roqinn, May 28, 2017.

1. What determines when an enraged mob appears?

How hard is it to kill that giant zombie?? I know he can teleport you to him, so no sniping (found out the hard way!) I also know he can summon mobs to help him (died from them too!)

Any other enraged or special mobs I should know about?
    ShelLuser likes this.
  2. You encountered an EMC custom miniboss called Momentus
    Another boss is a Flying skeleton called marlix

Enraged mobs are strenghted mobs on fire that can be creepers, skeletons ans zombies.

There is also the netherhound which is a pack of angry wolves which spawn only in the nether.

If you dont like them, you can diable their spawns using /ps
  3. And what determines it is a secret ;)
    ShelLuser and Raaynn like this.
  4. Preety sure that a a minboss has a spawning chance every hour, and that it spawns near someone who has not had one recently
  5. Shh, it's a secret.
    Raaynn likes this.
  6. Well, it's not a very well kept secret because Aikar even shared some code snippets on (iirc) the Spigot website where some of this is being shown. For example: an enraged zombie can spawn, but even a regular zombie can be turned into an enraged variant after which (to my knowledge) it will even get a small health bonus.

This is of course assuming those code snippets are also actually used on the Empire, but I don't see why not :)

And before some of you get all excited: the snippets I'm talking about are not "open source EMC" snippets because by themselves they don't do anything. But they do make for some awesome example & reference material!
    roqinn and Tuqueque like this.
  7. OK thanks =)