ENDERCHESTS

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by Skilled_Creeper, Jun 12, 2012.

1. If we as EMC would not implement Enderchests, we would not be as much Vanilla as we claim to be. Therefor we must implement them. But players can use this to easily transfer goods in the wild, on a safe way. Maybe its a good idea to have some kind of tax on it, like we have on opening vault?

For example:
    Player X has mined a stack of diamonds in the wild. Ofcourse he would like to transfer this on the safest way possible to town. He chooses to make use of Enderchest. Before he went deep in the wild, he placed an Enderchest just outside of periodic reset area. He places an Enderchest in his base deep in the wild, where he puts in his stack of diamonds. This costs him 10r.
    He safely walks to the other Enderchest, takes his stack of diamonds (which also costs him 10r), and walks in the safe area. Player X now lives long and happily with his stack of diamonds.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  2. I feel like a 10r tax is way under what should happen. I'd go out to the middle of nowhere and pack a chest full of stuff, as well as my inventory, and blam, double effectiveness.

Alternatively, I walk to the middle of nowhere, mine, fill the enderchest with everything on me, die, respawn at base, take stuff out of enderchest and huzzah.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  3. Equinox_Boss likes this.
  4. This sorts of defeats the purpose of having a survival feeling. One thing I would suggest for Justin to do is to disable the connection between Town and the Survival worlds.

This is typically a reasonable answer because a "Town" is not vanilla so Justin could remove the Ender Chest from Town. Sorry guys but having Ender Chest in all worlds will suck the fun out of dying from creeper explosions.
  5. Enderchests between worlds basically is vault in the wild.... (Which we've already established is mal mal mal)
    I am changing my vote after reading controller and bloodra1n's opinions. Implement them in the wild, but when you die, code it so that all of your chests but one despawn. There is probably a better way than that to get around the idea of *put stuff in vault/endchest* *die* *get stuff back right outside wild spawn* but that seems like a good starting point.
    Equinox_Boss and bloodra1n like this.
  6. To get started with this idea:

Suggestion 1: if you die, all of player X's chests despawn except the last placed.
    This method could still be used as simply placind an enderchest in wild base first, but could not give any complications, since the items in the enderchest will not despawn. with this method the wild wont get spammed with enderchests.

suggestion 2: making enderchests only available for supporters

suggestion 3: limit enderchests to a maximum of 3 per player.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  7. *dislike button pressed*
    Equinox_Boss likes this.