[Empire Vault / EnderChest] Idea thread!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Aikar, Jan 7, 2013.

1. That does raise a good point, will other people be able to access our wild enderchest inventory?
    *EDIT* And was this really my 2,000th post? What a waste lol
    nfell2009 likes this.
  2. Only if you give them [ACCESS] :)
  3. Only if you granted them access, but not sure how that would work yet, we were looking for ideas on that.

Maybe shared enderchest isnt the best idea? We will have to see. Ideas / input will say :)
  4. In the wild?
  5. Town yes. Wild, no. Unless we can lock enderchests :)
  6. If your intent is to stop people from moving items from Wild into Town using the Enderchest/Suicide method , adding shared access is actually making it worse in my opinion.

The ability to Lock an Enderchest and add other users to use it in its current state - I'm all for that.
  7. there is only one thing, if u add to like a vault then it is not a double chest, it will only be a single chest worth.
  8. I can make enderchest size be anything I want :) (Thats dividable by 8...)
  9. Why 8? Or did you mean 9?:p
    JackBiggin likes this.
  10. That's what I was thinking >.>
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  11. Sorry mistyped >_< yes 9
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  12. I must find how this will ruin the economy....:confused:
    jay2a likes this.
  13. This could make bringing resources to town easier.
    Say I have an enderchest at 1000 blocks out with access given to my alt. My main stays 40,000 blocks out. Instead of having to make a single 40,000 block one way run on my main, I can use my alt to do a 2,000 block round trip instead.

The 2,000 block run would be riskier as you will be carrying your gathered/resupply items on the journey.
  14. So I have a ender chest filled with diamonds, I die go out to just beyond the reset area and get my diamonds for town, I didn't think to bring swords and armor and its night, I run from creepers and fall into a TNT hole and lose my diamond, then I rage and yell at aikar and icc and quit, the end.
    nfell2009 likes this.
  15. Oh good then we get a leaving thread! :D Because all love them
  16. It was much harder than that before EnderChest... ;)

People asked us if we were going to block enderchests "because they can be used to transfer items easily from the wild" when the update was coming.

I think our current plans is a lot more nicer than blocking that feature until this update would of came.
    EMC is a Survival server, and the current EnderChest scheme compromises that.

So heres another option: Wild EC can be opened in town for a steeper cost, say 1k rupees.

Which would you prefer? 1k cost or 1k walk?
    Maybe have both and users choose which they want to do?
    Twitch1, Michael_Nolan and jkjkjk182 like this.
  17. I think this is what Pab is trying to point out. You say you want to make it so people can not die and get items back to town easily. Making it so people can access your vault it counterproductive.

Just my two cents...

I'm ok one way or the other - it will just be something we have to readjust to. However, people will always find a way to get what they want done - with the least amount of effort. Those people ruin the game for themselves - let them.

How this will effect me? I will probably spend less time in town, if this is brought in. I care very little about the economy aspect of EMC. I recently started to make some money - just to have on hand for the wild protection update. Making money has been quite easy. I will probably get to an amount of money that I feel will be enough - and check back out of the economy. I almost with there was a "check out of the economy" function in EMC where I could give up all my rupees and then things like vault would function the same - but not cost anything. Wow - I've gone way off topic, sorry.

Back to the point. I will spend less time in town. Right now I mostly prefer to spend time in the wild. All I use town for is to build myself a "home/storage" space that looks pretty and can't be griefed. After my builds are done, town is quite dull to me. I use enderchests in the wild - to move things around from one part of my base to other parts. When it comes to the current economy needs - I run stuff back to town filling both my enderchest and inventory. There is no dieing for me. I would guess most players don't die. You loose out on a lot of valuable storage space if you do. Increasing the size of the enderchest might make your personal inventory a little less valuable, however. I get that you guys are super busy and don't get a lot of play time. That is why you bring these things to the community - to find out what people think. Its hard to know how things will effect the game if you don't get to play it much.

I guess what I'm trying to say is I don't see this having a big effect on anything. I think you are kind of wasting your time on it because the impact/usefulness ratio is quite low. Economy wise - I'll use the chest the exact same way I do now - Except I'll have to spend an extra 10 minutes making a couple trips back and forth from just outside the periodic reset zone.

Edit: If this does happen, don't forget we need to have the ability to lock enderchests so they can't be picked up by others.
  18. How about, 750r cost, but its only the top half of the chest?
  19. Haha I was thinking same thing when ender chest when it was introduce to minecraft
  20. Well essentially , just make a ender chest near the wild spawn of you wish to take it back to town rather than walking al the way back.