Empire Performance Update - AKA "The update holding up the Dragon Tombs"

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Aikar, Dec 19, 2012.

1. .... Aikar has gotten Minecraft Multiplayer Multithreaded... ask the Spigot guys :p. Next task.
    mba2012 likes this.
  2. Well, Craftbukkit, not specifically Spigot =P Spigot was just the test bed, but Craftbukkit now has threaded chunk loads which is a huge portion of the lag now off of the main thread.

massive performance boost that was all my idea :)
  3. yes yes... but when will there be a tekkit server?

*runs away* lol
    PandasEatRamen and mba2012 like this.
  4. Feed the beast, Not tekkit *Also runs away*
    AlexHallon, mba2012 and HylianNinja like this.
  5. Makes sense...
  6. when i hear no lag come to mind i think to myself " wonder how much TNT it would take to crash teh server... " not that i would try this. im not insane. or am i..... i forget.
    AlexHallon and PandasEatRamen like this.
  7. Our servers dont lag because of TNT.. there has been testing of this done on our busiest servers :) Go ahead.. find a diamond supporter friend and give it a try on a spare res.
    mba2012 likes this.
  8. if only HP and PT where here to lend me money...xD
  9. if there is no lag now... if there is even less lag than none?
  10. just out of curiosity, if i did an entire 60x60x60 block of TNT and set it off... you're saying there would be NO lag? that is hardcore
  11. eh smooch wasnt aware that the anti lag tnt mod is removed and not likely to ever come back, but I'm working with people to bring the fixes into Spigot.

so please do not do that right now...

but if the mod was in place, it would cause some lag but it wouldnt destroy the server/crash clients.
    mba2012 and jkjkjk182 like this.
  12. oh i don't have any TNT, i was just curious because I know at least two public servers where if you were to light even a 10x10x10 block of TNT it would crash the server lol
  13. *hangs head*
    mba2012 likes this.
  14. I think either IcC or Aikar messed up Utopia once by TNT'ing someone's res to death.

As far as crashing servers, I think Aikar crashed SMP9 one night when he was punishing a flyhacker, who was following my sister and I, in a bedrock sphere full of creepers. Though he says it wasn't his fault if I remember correctly :rolleyes:.

And as far as lag, I only seem to lag when there are too many chickens around.
    IamSaj, mba2012 and dylan_frenette like this.
  15. i never lag anymore... its great. i can play any game without lag. execpt FTB, which happens on rare occasions. if anyone is looking for a very good PC ( i consider it to rival with alienware ) for a really cheap price, PM me ;)
  16. that wasnt due to the tnt, the server was lagging overall and I was trying to issue a debug command that analyzes lag, and that command was what crashed it.

Yes... I multitask alot. Debugging lag while killing hackers.
    mba2012 and PandasEatRamen like this.
  17. Poor Aikar, ruining the economy and crashing servers :p.
  18. That quote, is officially in the signature.
  19. Dragon Egg ETA - Around first two weeks of Janurary? (Guessing)
  20. I can't help but believe Aikar would work on Valve time, So sometime next october.
    IamSaj, mba2012, HylianNinja and 2 others like this.