EMC Shop Database

Discussion in 'Products, Businesses, & Services Archives' started by raenis, Mar 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thanks for understanding. I've been having a LOT of ideas for making the site better, so hopefully I'll be able to get some of those in over the weekend. I'll also probably be contacting a few of you about helping me test new stuff I add. When only one person is testing, it's way too easy to overlook some of the bugs.
  2. This weekend's to-do list for the database:
    • Put together the mob icons for quick server-only searches.
    • Figuring out a way to list enchanted items in your shop
    • Playing with using ajax for pagination and searches, reducing the number of full page loads. If I do it right, I might be able to eliminate the search page altogether and just use the main page for searching and browsing.
  3. Alright, I didn't manage to get my to-do list finished. I did get the mob icons up. For right now I'm using absolute positioning, and as a result it ends up displaying over the main page content if your screen width is less than 1400 pixels. As such, I have it set up to hide the mob icons if your browser's inside width is less than 1400, whether it started that way or was resized as such. If anyone has any trouble with it, let me know. I'm planning to try to make it a bit fancier in the future.

I did WORK on the enchanted items listings. I'm about 80% done with it. Building the dynamic form was the hard part, and it works. Now I've just got to add in code to save it to the database, and work up a way to display it when viewing the shop. So expect this to finally be added by the end of the week. I still haven't quite decided how I'm going to handle searching for enchanted items yet, but I'll get it figured out.

I want to extend a warm Thank You to all of you that get use out of this project!
  4. raenis the server icons are blocking the text for me. However, if I change the window size of my browser, then maximize the window againt, they disappear. I'm using Chrome on Windows XP.
    emc.png
  5. Hmm. It seems that in Chrome it isn't hiding the divs on initial page load. Perhaps I should make them hidden via CSS by default and cause them to be shown after page load if the window width is large enough. They are automatically hidden on Firefox if the window width is too small.

Edit: Oops, I guess they aren't. Well isn't that dandy. I'll see if I can fix it right quick.

Edit 2: I found the problem. I had somehow forgetten to make sure the code to hide them on page load was inside the event handler for the document being fully loaded. It works now, though for a lot of browsers it'll take a refresh of the javascript to make sure it isn't used the old cached version. Thanks for the heads up, shavingfoam!
  6. Is there any way that I can see who bought what from my shop..... so I know what is selling and what is not ?
  7. No problem man. You should try to account for all screen sizes though. Many people probably won't be running at that high of a screen resolution. I think it's a web developer's rule-of-thumb that almost everyone will be running at 800x600 or higher.

Nomad, you can view your Rupee transaction history here:

http://empireminecraft.com/rupees/transactions

I use this all the time to see who bought what from my shop.
  8. I know when I buy something, it tells me exactly what I bought, from whom, and for how much in my rupees history. You should be able to look there and get the same information regarding who bought what from your store. Unfortunately there's no way for me to add a listing of what was bought from or sold to your shop on the shop database.
  9. It used to be, but 800x600 is a dead resolution. Almost nobody uses it anymore. Even the EMC website here doesn't play nice with it without horizontal scroll bars.
  10. There's also mobile devices now though. If you want EMC Shops to be compatible with that, you'd have to pretty much create a whole new layout.
  11. Also, I just noticed--the markdown isn't processed when it's displayed in the table on the main page. If you look at my shop for example, you see "**SUPPLIERS**" instead of SUPPLIERS (the text isn't in bold).
  12. Awesome !!! Thanks for the reference - very useful.
  13. hey i am trying to list my shop and i don't know what the passphrase means?
  14. It's a password for you to login to edit your shop later.
    That's on purpose. I'm still planning on adding a separate headline field that you'll fill in to be displayed on the browsing and search pages. If I processed markdown on the listing's, they'd look completely jacked up.
  15. THANK YOU :D
  16. Nope. Styling a website for mobile devices is pretty much a completely separate from styling a website for computers if you know what you're doing. Which is nice, as you can make the same pages work on all kinds of devices, they'll just look and layout differently.
  17. I don't get one thing. Is the "low/fair/high" rating for stock or price? It should say... I think that it should be stock because some prices seem cheap to some and expensive to others.

Also, It should have a way to show your price on the website. I think it should save it as a string(not an integer) so you can do things like "1 for 10r" "3 for 5r" etc, you can do "10r" "1.67r" etc, or you could do "silent auction" or things like that.

EDIT: Also, the database has 'strong weakness' potion (and it's splash form) but that doesn't exist.
  18. The high, fair, and low are stock indicators.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.