EMC PE?!?

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by abYoshi, Jun 13, 2017.

1. Howdy, I recently got a idea of Empire Minecraft hosting a mobile PE version server. This would get people playing again who don't have enough time, or they are always to busy to play on the computer. These days it seems like everyone are on their phones if they have them. Also, a lot of kids play on Pocket Edition Minecraft servers now, and they would have a lot of fun playing on a friendly server like how Empire Minecraft is on computer. There are people that have 12 hour work days for 5 days a week who don't have enough time to play. This would change if we had a EMC PE server. When people such as have their lunch break, they could play on the EMC PE server on their phone while eating. Some may say this is stupid, but I think we should have a EMC Pocket Edition server.
    Eviltoade likes this.
  2. This has been suggested and turned down as it's just like asking for a creative server... there is no demand, the server is a pc server not a pe, plus there is also the work for it..

I can look up the thread and get admins response of needed
  3. But if you were to host it, not being associated with EMC i don't think you should call it EMC because you could use it to make money by using the name EMC (not saying you are just a legal standpoint if that legally isnt allowed)
  4. I never said I would host it, it would be hosted like how the computer versions are.
  5. Well in the original post you said I have recently thought about hosting a MCPE server so i kinda thought that's what you meant. Sorry for the misunderstanding
  6. I said "I recently got a idea of Empire Minecraft hosting a mobile PE version server"
  7. Got to go to bed, talk about this tomorrow night. Please keep commenting.
  8. Finch is absolutely right: this has been suggested (and denied) quite a few times. So I don't think there's much to discuss here. Other than...

Although I like your thinking I also can't help wonder if such a project would actually be doable. A lot of EMC's inner working is custom coded (though EMC also uses quite a few external plugins). It would take quite an amount of effort to set that whole thing up from scratch, which is basically what we're talking about.

Even now Aikar and the devs. sometimes simply lack the time to sort some things out. How would that look like when they have 2 Minecraft projects to look after? I can't help wonder if that wouldn't become a bit too much to handle.
  9. I hate pocket edition.... I use to love it but then I got an actual PC account and I can't go back... Don't make me go back..
  10. I feel like there is a significant generation gap between PE and PC. When I was in middle school, I used to play PE a lot with my friends, since we weren't old enough for a computer. After I got older, players just stick with PC. Tbh, there is lots of different games and activites on PC rather than the same games on PE.

To answer your suggestion, I don't think EMC-PE would work. One, there would be too much trolls (with the younger kids) and they would ruin a possible frontier or peaceful environment. Plus, you know how PE chat works. It's very disturbing to see some profanity/weird things on the screen. It would cause a lot more chaos with staff, etc, etc.

11. Me 2
  12. You are wrong about the difference. Recently there has been something going on between all the minecraft versions except for PS4 and Java called the Better Together Update. All the other versions are going to be compatable and cross play between devices will work. So I have a feeling mcpe will advance alot since it has to become up to date with all other minecraft versions
  13. But, TBH who wants to play EMC on a tiny mobile device? Plus, some features like promos and town plots won't be the best on PE. It would be too complicated to merge both of the two systems
  14. Well ya I mean Im mean i would never play on it and it would still be every hard to make work
  15. i can't see this working. i,ve got friends who are way older then me and are very busy people but they still log on every so often. honestly i don't see someone on their lunch break going "Hey jeff!, whats up!" Jeff: "playing minecraft" sorry i don't see this working out sorry.