EMC isn't a political forum

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by synth_apparition, Nov 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. what? if you live in a country then it benefits you to learn about what's going on and participate. that's what democracy is all about.

you can say you'll never vote but just wait til it's directly effecting your life... i mean i would make the argument that it already is.... but you'll start to feel it more as you grow older.
  2. I have to agree with this. The voters need to become educated in many forms long before they vote. They need to have time to create their own views, and not just accept their parents without specific reason.
    sgx2000 and PenguinDJ like this.
  3. I have different views on politics than my parents. I've been brought up with a family who doesn't care about them unless it is aimed towards their job. I've been interested in politics for a few years now, but only now have I realised I don't have to care until I can vote.
  4. People are just exited/angry because some crazy person has just changed four years of our lives, we have a 100% right to post these threads.
    I am angry....
    SpaceShuttleFan likes this.
  5. Been seeing alot of racist comments made about it on a server i'm staff on...
    I have used the ban hammer more times today than I have in my life.
  6. So you'd rather have the guy who wants to cut money that helps people with disabilities like Autism? The one who wants to take away healthcare people need? The one who wants to take away money for people to go to college? Take away FEMA, cut women's wages and send them home from work early to fix dinner?
    SoulPunisher likes this.
  7. I say neither! If we were to get rid of the presidency, it would be much better. Right now, the winning party subtly brags about it, and the losing party retaliates by making the winning parties job as hard as possible. Both parties do it, and have done it, in the past. And in all honesty, the president is more a flag-bearer than someone who creates the ideas. He does help in the ideas, but they form mostly in his party. He just presents them to the public. Basically, the president is a major cause of social rifts. Thats how i see it.
  8. I think people place too much emphasis on the presidential election. Most people can't even name their state's senators or representatives, much less anyone in their state legislatures or the judiciary and they do just as much that affects you as the president.

I live in a rural county with a couple of small cities in it. Yesterday when I voted, the parking lot of the township hall was full and people were parking down the side streets. It's never like that for a non-presidential election.

The local office holders of my county seem to slip into place without any contest. Yet they are the ones deciding how much to tax my property, when and if my road gets plowed in the winter, and whether they are ever going to do something about my ditch backing up all the time.

I think they have had a more direct affect on my life than the President ever will yet we mostly ignore them.
    ISMOOCH and jkjkjk182 like this.
  9. Yeah you have a point. I'm so tired of all the b*tching and moaning on facebook and people I try to be friends with being complete douchebags to each other. Everyone wants to moan that Obama/Romney is the end of the world, the rate everyone is going it's gonna be but not because of something Obama or Romney did, because people are so rude and arrogant to each other. Right now I hate being on the internet where there is chat or places for people to post because I keep running into flame wars over the stupid election.
    SoulPunisher and jkjkjk182 like this.
  10. The anti-politics thread just got political.
    SoulPunisher likes this.
  11. It indeed just happened.

Which, because of the point of this thread being expressed, and the immense target of off topicness.. it will not be closed.
  12. now* :p
  13. >.>
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.