EMC Final Election Debate 2019

Discussion in 'Empire Events' started by Krysyy, Feb 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. In fact, I am in such support of this policy that would probably hurt SMP2 and the players will move to SMP1, 3, 7, 8. That's how passionate I am in helping EMC that I am willing to watch the people of my hometown SMP2 move to other SMPs that are more populated and vibrant. I am willing to make sacrifices for the benefit of the community.
  2. Meanwhile the less active SMPs are just left to be less and wait? With a community of SMPs that are diverse in nature from one to the next, which is superior and which ones should be singled out as new player friendly?
  3. hmmm, I took breaks probably because i played to Much EMC, and well everyone needs to mix things up sometimes :)
    on average i would say my breaks were 4-8 weeks

Well a lot of whats normally in it is what we need, we just need it to be more more consistently released in the first day or two of the month,
    but things it would say is, Upcoming events and contests for that Specific Month (preferably with the exact date of it)
    as well as results of contests,
    Another thing that it would have is recently added Wiki Pages and New Blogs posts

and for 5, i think the reason we need this, or a sort of goal with it is, Players like a goal to work towards, or a sense of accomplishment, if you don't know what your working towards it can be hard to motivate yourself to do something
  4. That should be determined by player choice, let players have the freedom to choose.
  5. Why is playing with friends not the focus any more? You said yourself that you consider it to be the heart of EMC. Why then are you advocating that we must bribe players with shiny trinkets for their participation in an event where the intention is to simply encourage player-to-player interaction and make those friends?
  6. Follow up question: The system in place currently is balanced to support even distribution of new players across the smps because there was complaints of new player flooding. What do you say to players that are on one of the smps new players are directed to?

Additionally, the derelict system is balanced for the system outlined above, in order to keep residences available, but not excessively unclaim derelict plots. What then should change to this system to accommodate for your proposed change?
  7. I doubt the people on those SMPS will object to new player?! We all want new players.

Second, the derelict system will remain, if necessary the automatic derelict system could be increased. Though I doubt this will be a problem. A lot of wasted reses are those from a new player that gets on and than logs off and never comes back. I do not think honestly much changes need to be made. We have a terrible retention rate atm.
  8. Some of your constituents may disagree. I repeat, what would you say? Deal with it?

If you have a flood of new players on only a select number of smps, the limit will be reached quickly and older residences start being removed as soon as they are derelict. We have had many discussions with the community about this. What specific changes could be made, in your opinion, to prevent fallout from the new player system change?
  9. I see your point, im willing to admit i could be wrong this time:p

as for this Res move thing
    Perhaps a Compremise? what comes to mind is an item Like the dirt destroying ticking tock except for a res move,

this way it can be gifted to your friends aswell as a prize for contests or a high voting streak
  10. I believe growth was the purpose of the debate. But anyways, there is no solution. If you want more players the consequence is more players. If you do not want more players than I guess don't vote for new players. I feel like we will be hard pressed to find these people that "oppose" new players. So I disagree with your statement and I will confidently stand by my point.
  11. What types of contests, and at what level of voting? Specifics.
  12. You may have missed the conversation with the community in which we reached the compromise of a rotating new player distribution system. Maybe it was during one of your breaks. Nevertheless, there ARE players who can become annoyed by the idea of a flood of new players, who usually are inexperienced and in need of some guidance. We have had players say they turned off chat specifically to ignore the new player onslaught of questions. What do you say to a player who has this mindset?
  13. for voting, Every 500 votes, which would allow players to get them if they put the effort to vote in, but not such a low number that people are getting them everyday

as for contests, Referral contests, not for clicking since that can be abused but for actual players referred
    i have seen many people wonder what happened to those contests and this would be great thing to bring back, especially with a new prize
  14. I say send them to SMP2 we will love to have them. If you are going to play a multiplayer online game you're going to have to interact and deal with other people. I do not know what you want me to tell these people. I would also mention talking in community chat is actually a good way to get players to stay and get them engaged with the community. EMC has 63/1000 people this is kinda a necessity at this point. You can still retain the rotating player distribution system by limiting it to the populated smps. If you want to continue to deposit new players onto practically dead smps than don't be surprised when they leave.
  15. Compromised accounts happened....

Regardless, what are some specific ideas you have to inspire the community growth with limited resources, and without reliance on promo creation?
  16. Thank you for answering the question this time. There is no 'right' answer. I just wanted to know what you would tell them, which you have now provided.

Question: What do you think about your opponent's suggestion about the item for res moves? Do you have any specific alternate idea?
  17. If you want to make a redeemable item I do not think it matters. What matters is the price and accessibility to the player. So if you want to do this I'm all for it. If it make more palatable that I support it. I still believe is should cost no more than 25,000r.
  18. If we really want to we could make it cost tokens instead of Rupees if that makes it more balanced.
  19. What about items for attending Miner Mania, etc? What is your stance on the use of items to encourage player participation and subsequent server growth?
  20. I do not think we need rewards for community gathering events such as miner-mania, harvest day, etc. Resource gathering events are rewarded by the resources you gather. Events like mob-arena and firefloor should have more rewards because they do not provide any resources. Like a special sword for mob-arena and maybe a rotating piece of armor for Firefloor so like one week a helmet, next a chest plate, and it rotates so it encourages people to return to complete the set. Just an idea of course but I disagree with rewarding miner mania's and resource gathering events.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.