DSLR Cameras-What is best?

Discussion in 'Shutter Talk' started by TechNinja_42, Nov 1, 2014.

?

Which camera brand is best in your opinion?

Nikon 1 vote(s) 20.0%
Canon 4 vote(s) 80.0%
Olympus 0 vote(s) 0.0%
  1. I'm thinking about getting a DSLR camera, and I don't know much about them. I am new to photography so some sort of higher-end entry level DSLR is what I am looking for so I can continue to use it when I become more knowledgeable about cameras. I have been doing a lot of research and I like the Canon EOS Rebel T5i.

Some things I am looking for on a camera are:
    -Decent Slo-Mo
    -Good HDR
    -Something good for nature photos
    -Decent Low Light Photos
    -Manual Zoom/Focus
    -Flash

Post below what camera you think would be good for a beginner like me, and some features that make it unique. You may see a new photography thread soon if this is successful ;P Thanks for the help guys, I really appreciate it!

EDIT: I am trying to decide between the T5i and T3i
    I would rather have the T5i but it is very expensive
    The t3i is said to have better images and color depth
    any advice about these two cameras would be great!
    Thanks!
  2. Well I haven't messed with many but I REALLY enjoy my Nikon D3200

Edit: Here are some pictures I took with it:
    http://brandonrsteer.deviantart.com/gallery/
    Those are kinda old and before I knew how to actually work the camera so even without much effort it takes decent photos.
  3. I have found some good deals on the Rebel t5i and I think I may purchase it. I was told to not get Nikon, but canon and nikon appear to be fairly equal to me.
  4. Why did they tell you to not get Nikon?
  5. In my area there are few camera shops, and the ones around primarily repair Canons. I was told by a canon owner that in order to repair a nikon I would have to ship it off and go through customer service and all that :/ I am also more familiar with the Canon layout, the buttons and all that. Which is why I want a canon :p
  6. I have a Canon 600D which is the T3i in america, i have had absolutely no problems with my camera (apart from low light noise) but seriously for the price it doesn't matter, the difference between the t3i and the T5i is the touch screen, which in my opinion is not worth the increase in price. the actual hardware difference between the 5 and 3 is next to nothing (excluding the touch screen), but forget the camera it's all about the glass, in my opinion the lens is most important. Okay camera + Good Lens > amazing camera + rubbish lens id seriously look into a second hand camera online and invest the saves money in decent glass. if you know what you're looking for you can get some great deals. oh and last point, your lens can always be put on a new camera! so start cheap with the body! but back to talking about my 600D/T3i, the photos you can get, when you're on the right settings with the right light, can be absolutely fabulous example shots here -> http://uk.pinterest.com/williamchadwick/
    (also bare in mind these photos were all within months of getting hands on with the camera, now with over 1 year with it i can seriously get the good stuff done cheaply.

Also sorry for there being absolutely no structure to my wall of text there but my hands are cold!!