Don't push me!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Herbrin3, Aug 6, 2012.

1. What? Nooooooooooooooooooo!!!! I, I a going to miss the days of pushing people off tall buildings in town.
  2. Read Josh's post after it. I think it'll make you happy. :)
    The Jim walking can continue!
    Mikeguy2225 likes this.
  3. I just tried this on a LAN server using 2 different accounts. You can push people easily now but they bounce back into position after 5/6 seconds.
  4. Quite frankly, I think the word 'frankly' was used in abundance in this thread.
    JackBiggin likes this.
  5. Yaaaaaaaaaay
  6. Once on a pvp server some jerks pushed me into the PVP arena. They where 3 and I was alone. I heard that I got attacked so I went back on my laptop, drank some potions and killed them all with my holy Sharpness5, Fire2, Knock2 sword<3

And after that they all got banned for a week, for pushing me from a non-pvp place to the pvp arena. :)
  7. Ikr? I have a friend in smp9 and she and I joke around with it. We push each other off things (in town) all the time in a fun way. None of us take offense to it. Granted we're friends and we joke with it, I can see where people don't like it when they randomly get pushed from someone random but even so, it's no big crisis.
  8. Personally I have no problem with other players pushing me about while I am not doing anything. But once I am trying to build, craft and play the game, pushing is no longer just annoying but becomes disruptive. If you continue to push a player after they have requested you to stop I will /kick you. Push a player to their death and you will get banned for PvP.
  9. I have once pushed a friend out of spawn walls. And right next to the invisble wall where it teleports you back. It was quite funny because he had his Render Distance on Tiny and no Minimap...
  10. I don't want to log out every time I go to turn the kettle on, or reply to an email, or nip to the toilet. It's useful for me to be able to see the ongoing comments, which may be replies to my own.

I don't think my polite request here was over the top. It happened because, today, I had this;

Someone: Herb <poke> Herb <poke> Herb <poke> Herb <poke>
    Me: Hi. Please don't push me around, thanks
    Someone: WHY? <poke>
    (I fall into a teleport to my sheep-farm)
    Me: Because, it's rude; it's explained in the guidelines
    Someone: Huh?
    Me: Please see <link>
    Me: "Be aware of personal space [...] Be polite and don’t run into people or get in their face unnecessarily, just like in real life"

A few minutes later, another person did the exact same thing, so again, I asked them not to.

Then a third.

The fourth time it happened (within the space of 1 hour; four different people), when they started to argue that it wasn't a rule, I used /ignore and removed their movement permission from my res.

Then, I posted this thread.
    IamSaj likes this.
  11. Haha i don't push people but put them in a dirt cage and leave them and if someone I know or I know they take a joke will make them a obsidian cage all around them even below. Of course the player was to me wild but other than I mind people's space :D
  12. I agree completely, Bigdavie. That's what I was trying to say.
  13. Exactly, Terminator! Thanks for that image!

So it's not just me, over-reacting. Phew!
    Terminator908 likes this.