Do You or Would You "Let's Play?"

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by IcecreamCow, Feb 1, 2013.

1. I've wanted to do this for a long time, I've just never had the kick start too.
  2. Well, seems like this could work with the support it has already.

My idea was this for the kickstart project.

Each player would start on one SMP at the spawn. The object would be for each player to go out X amount of length at least to find a wide open area to create a brand new wild base. We'd have a list of things that would be required to be built. Something like a list to follow. For example, the base would need:

• A town hall (or main building of some sort)
    • A personal home
    • A farm
    • An enchantment building
    • etc.
    Take this idea and discuss, please. What do you think, off this idea would be a good "goal" for each video. Once we have a set idea and plan, we can set a day to officially start and how long it would last, etc.
    M4nic_M1ner likes this.
  3. I like the idea, and have plenty of machines able to record and play. I'm guessing you bring nothing with you and start from scratch - or haul stuff out from town?

Edit: I just tried to ask you a question in IRC about this... lol
    M4nic_M1ner likes this.
  4. sounds fun to go out with 1 set of iron tools and armour and like 16 pork chops and just go out and make a large base with 1/2 more people and build it and mine for it
  5. I'd say bring nothing from scratch to make it more interesting for the people watching. A big plus of this is that it could attract even more players to EMC. The way it would work, is I would have those involved send me the videos somehow (gotta find a good upload/download service) and I'd upload them directly to the EMC channel and attach referral links in each video for each creator, incase people join from watching their videos.
    M4nic_M1ner likes this.
  6. This sounds amazing, just wish my computer could handle Fraps.
  7. you would have to take food atleast you probly wont make it far out with out some
  8. I'm sure you could leverage some of the Main Databases bandwidth to set it up as an FTP.
  9. Could do a FTP server for it (depending on your connection). Dropbox would also be a free option that you could let people upload to. Assuming they stay low in size (under 200mb) mediafire lets you upload without issue. I'm sure that's not going to be a tough barrier there's a bunch of options out there.
  10. I would suggest SEPR Cloud for uploading, as a beta test for SEPR, but the site seems to be gone:(
    nfell2009 likes this.
  11. Count me in!
  12. I can record and do weekly episodes if you want if not daily. www.youtube.com/MiarcBros I currently have a wild base where I am building stuff with a friend that we could do episodes for. Let me know I'll be more then happy to assist in bringing new people to the site! Here is a video I did of my firework show https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjZypqVrLLM and a tutorial on the guide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgzxpT1eANg
  13. This is a good idea
  14. "Hey guys, Jtc here. Today i'm going to show you how to start up a huge arguement!"
    PandasEatRamen and Jcplugs like this.
  15. heck yea ill do this i got skype for my voice if you want voice in the videos ill do a skype interveiw
  16. for a lets play ill be in it
  17. You forgot the "on purpose" part :p

"Hey guys, Soul here, and today i'm going to tell you how to live in Aikar's mouth and be a fake moderator" :D
    ..The fake moderator part came from some kid on smp3 calling me a fake moderator :p...

Seems like a great idea, ICC. I could do it, it's just I don't have time :p
    Jcplugs and mba2012 like this.
  18. Sounds great. Here are a few ideas for both the channel format/model/ect. that I've thought up since reading through the thread;
    • Have just ONE EMC YouTube channel. I've noticed a lot of people saying "I'd love to work with you, here's my channel lalala."
    - It could work with 2 different methods.
    - 1) Players all have various channels but every EMC related video is uploaded to the OFFICIAL EMC one, also. It can be uploaded onto their own too if they like also. (Sort of like the Machinima director program)
    - 2) Players upload to EMC channel only. This method would probably be better off if you're looking for a majority view count on just one video which = first search results but is probably overall not the best idea.
    • Each series/one off video creator has their own referral link in the video description. If multiple people are involved, take turns in a series or share both... or you know, old fashioned "fight to the death" for it. ;)
    • Make it more of a "community channel" which is what you're going for I think instead of a promotional channel. That said, having the odd cool trailer for EMC would be great.
    • Show off teasers and trailers of big or small EMC updates on the channel. e.g. A new teaser for dragon tombs could be uploaded.
    • As already mentioned, a few let's play series (all EMC or variey? Feed The Beast, Married with Minecraft, Empire Minecast, the new let's play exclusively on EMC that ICC proposed here.
    • Don't limit the channel to Let's Plays and trailers, obviously; there's always room for animated short movies on/about EMC with true/fake story-lines- I might as well tell y'all now that I'm in the early stages of creating an animated EMC trailer. But don't forget reviews, sneak peaks as I said above, creation show-offs, competitons (Spotlight project - where are you? :confused:). Now that I come to think of it, you pretty much said that already, haha.
    • A quick search for "empire minecraft" on YouTube a few months ago led me to this great trailer. It's at an astonishing 20,000 views (congratulations TonicThunder!) however, it's really outdated so we should start off this community channel with a new, amazing community trailer.
    For a trip down memory lane, check out these videos: How EMC's changed (pay close to attention to some things :p), Arena's and EMC trailer!
  19. That's the idea I was thinking of as you stated in #2. The main "dream" I have for it, is like a Machinima type deal...but instead of it being tons of games, it's dedicated strictly to Minecraft. Who knows, if we get enough views between all of the videos, we could maybe even be a sponsored channel BY Machinima as well, which would obviously bring tons of exposure to EMC. All great ideas as well Alex. :)
    AlexChance likes this.