Did Aikar ruin the economy?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Porphos, Sep 24, 2013.

1. Oddly enough, a few of the major folks against that awesome update have gotten themselves banned, which drained all of their rupees and super helped the economy. :p
  2. ik I would much prefer to see prices accross the community. I think they don't like it because they are the people who sell things for more than they are worth and don't want us to find the smaller sellers
  3. Some joke someone made and is kinda old.
    Or what Aikar said ;3
  4. IKR! I remember they spent money to see if shrimp would run on a treadmill! That was so stupid! So afterwards they ate the shrimp! I totally wish the economy was better, so everyone would at least have more money so they can buy extra things they really want... like Diamond Supporter.
    creeper_freak likes this.
  5. Well, I actually took a look at that, and it actually sounds awesome to have, didn't know why it got people saying you would have ruined the economy... hehhe :p :)
  6. I heard that he brought up an idea in a staff meeting that, if implimented, would ruin the economy.
  7. Can you explain this a bit further please?
  8. I wouldn't say ruin the economy. I would say it would ruin one of the fun reasons of playing on a multiplayer server, which is creating a shop in which players rely on you to supply the community goods. Hence, the reason I play on here lol. I always thought that anyone can build something great, but to attract people to see your creation you have to offer the community a reason to visit your place. Such as making a mega mall store to get your residence attention if you so desire. In my opinion...
  9. This is like asking if hamster runs in its wheel.
    Nah, it's just an old joke.
    I do believe it started with the shop update like jack said.
  10. Don't want to bring that debate up again - but those concerns were pretty much resolved.

The general gist is that you will pay a "luxury fee" almost if you take the convenient route, but will save money if you go to the persons residence to get it still.

So the old system still lives, just for those that want, can be more convenient.

But also your statement would make it to believe that the only thing worthy of building is a shop... but that isn't true :) Many players commonly just spam /v random checking out random residences.
    porphos likes this.
  11. The answer to that is that they do not.
    Parkerjv9 and cddm95ace like this.
  12. :eek: