Diary of a Magical Girl?

Discussion in 'Writers' Corner' started by MagicalGirlRiRi, Apr 16, 2018.

?

Would anyone be interested in reading "Diary of a Magical Girl" via a forum thread?

Poll closed Apr 23, 2018.
Yes, it's writing, isn't it? 17 vote(s) 100.0%
No, sorry 0 vote(s) 0.0%
  1. Something I've been thinking of before I changed my name on here, would be to create a diary from the character's point of view.

At first I thought why not copy/paste from a text document into a book on minecraft but the process took too long... and with all this effort I'd have to make multiple copies for every single entry...

So then I perused the forums to see what I could use, then I found Writers' Corner! I figured I could post the "diary entries" here via a thread, but I'd disable comments to keep the content from being interrupted. Comments on the work could be posted on my profile or in a private conversation!

I'll admit, it's an unusual idea, but that's why I've made a poll to see whether I should go through with it.
  2. I'd give the first few a read, see if I'm into it.
  3. (now i'm wondering if i should put my story on here, but it's 50 pages so erm..)

Personally, I love reading other people's stories, and I honestly love anything fantasy, so I'd say to go for it!
  4. Why not allow comments? :)
    MCSaw likes this.
  5. To keep the flow of the diary I guess, but an alternative idea is to edit some posts as you go. You can 'reserve' posts by simply just posting (write 'reserved' or something like that) as soon as you create the thread and as you write you can edit the parts into the posts, as soon as you run out of space on one post you move to the next. If you do that you can keep the flow but also allow comments on how wonderful it is :)
    haastregt, MagicalGirlRiRi and 607 like this.
  6. That's a great idea, thank you!
  7. Are there any examples of this forum formatting so I can see how to do it correctly?
  8. https://empireminecraft.com/threads/empire-auction-rules-read-before-posting.42009/
    If you scroll down a little you will see these posts:
    In the future Krysyy can add more information to the post by editing that post with the new information :)
    607 likes this.