Describe your server!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by fishmeal, Oct 29, 2014.

1. Perfectly on-topic!
    The questions were only meant to be pointers. Tell me whatever you want.
    Thanks everyone. Rupees to all when I stop lagging out long enough.
  2. I am from both SMP5 and SMP3.

What do you like/dislike about your server?

Like:
    • Busy place with lots of economic activity
    • More than one shop; not just one mall dominating the entire server economy
    • Very active during 2:00-8:00pm EST
    • Plenty of different players to interact with
    • Steady activity around the clock
    • Great starting server for newer players
    Dislike:
    • Almost no activity during 3:00-12:00am EST
    • Not many builds built for the sake of viewing
    • No shops besides two malls, economy is dominated by the malls
    • Decent amount of problems (spamming)
    What time of day is your server busier than others?

2:00-8:00pm EST ; 2:00-8:eek:0pm EST

Do you feel like your server has mostly a certain age group?

18-28 ; 10-13 & 16-24

Is it loud there? Rowdy? Obnoxiously rowdy? :p

The chat is just right. ; Normally great, but can be obnoxious at times.

How's the economy? Are things expensive? Are there very many shops/megamalls?

Lower end of average - 2 malls ; Higher end of average - 2 malls

What about non-shop player builds?

The entire spawn is developed and looks great; WoolMart, 10002 Head Museum, etc.

Not many non-shop builds that I can think of.

What sort of entertainment does your server have? EMC sponsored entertainment (like PVP, Mob Arena)?

Mob Arena, Creature Capture ; /fun

Who are some of your regulars?

shavingfoam, Kyzoy, wassatthen, Dwight5273, Rainbowchin ; Kyzoy, Ladblo, DrewRadio, Olaf_C, Quarterstop
  3. Aww shucks :rolleyes: I've seen yours, it's looking good! Skyman shown me it :D

Anyways, I have a little time, I'll write down a little more about SMP9...

What do you like/dislike about your server/EMC?

Like:
    • There are usually a decent amount of people on throughout the whole day
    • There are lots of nice people and always someone to talk to
    • People are quite willing to help
    • Lots of nice builds
    Dislike:
    • Some players disobey the rules but this is the same on all servers
    • I can't really think of anything else beside the norm...
    What time of day is your server busier than others (are a lot of people from different time zones)?

There are usually a decent amount of people on most of the day, but when it comes to very early morning in the UK, people do very quickly start to disappear! :p Most people seem to be on between 7 and 12PM (UK time)

I would say that there is a large mix of all ages. Most people seem to be from what, 10-20? That's a very rough guess but especially when there's a lot of people online, it's hard to tell :p

Is it loud there? Rowdy? Obnoxiously rowdy?

It sometimes is quite loud, but usually alright to keep up with. However, there are times when it is strangely dead, and so there is a large barrier depending on what time you get on - but I've always liked it there and stayed there since I joined so it mustn't be too bad, eh!

There are a decent amount of shops popping up all the time (and an equal amount seem to go out but there are always a good lot to go around) and 19000 is the megamall I commonly go to for supplies - that's allengero's megamall, usually pretty well stocked, fairly top market but I don't usually worry about the price if it's something I need!

What about non-shop player builds? What sort of entertainment does your server have? EMC sponsored entertainment (like PVP, Mob Arena)?

There's a little bit to do around spawn to start, for example Bigdavie's diamond pyramid maze is always open, Dwight's iron pyramid maze occasionally holds a maze events with some nice prizes, there are of course the occasional player event held at a certain res, I would even say that my Museum 18200 is sort of entertainment, mainly a place to go to and refer to but I suppose it is sometimes! A fair few residences have parkour too so you're never too short on that :)

There are a lot of players that play on the server and a lot of players that I talk to so it would take a long time to even think of the people that are around... However if I go with people that live around my residence, I have the likes of MoeMacZap, Gadget_AD and UnkownTai who I am all friends with :) It's quite snug where my first residence is because my neighbours are all friends! :p But as I say, there are a lot of people I talk to on SMP9 and other servers and I simply couldn't name all the regulars! ;)

4. I like how you said "I can get annoying" :p
    Just like you're turning chat off so others don't have to bother with you :rolleyes:
  5. Saw this thread and thought I'd contribute my two cents.
    To start, I'm also from smp8 and I wanna give my particular opinion on what I noticed. :3

• There's usually at least one person online to talk to who's incredibly active
    • The fairshop! (A bit more on this later)
    • Someone here is always trying to keep things civil if someone else is out of line
    • The majority of people that are on smp8 generally tend to form a very strong community-wide bond with one another, and don't mind visiting and/or assisting as well. :D
    Dislikes:
    • Noobs =P Especially as of the past week or two, where people just jumped right into this server before they even knew the basics of SMP Minecraft (e's.g. how to craft things, how to build semi-automatic farms, how to get resources, etc)
    • On that note, beggars -- someone 1 week ago asked for free diamonds -- er, "cristals" (yes, the person actually called them cristals, misspellings included) when they joined, and another person just 2 days ago asked for a stack of iron -- also upon joining.
    • People who can't follow rules (*cough*Luke__2007*cough* - but don't worry because he's b& now)
    • People who have major trust issues (some res's have move flag turned off for everyone, for instance, and others turned on only for specific people, then some even give container access or build access to so many people at once)
    • Quite a few residences are left derelict due to inactivity and it's a sad sight to see
    What time of day is your server busier than others?
    -- Between 6am and 3pm (the majority of people are from Europe and, so far, only 2 people share my time zone: Reptillicus and karkar651 who, coincidentially enough, are among my neighbors in Town only a short walk or jog away)

-- By far. It's incredibly vast. 60% 10 and under, 35% 18 and over, and then you have about 5% who are between 11 and 17. Of course, that's just estimation, but I noticed there's many children who play on this server, especially with the new people who recently joined, but there's also a good number of adults. Rarely do any teens show up (aside from karkar651 and a few others, of course). :p

Is it loud there? Rowdy? Obnoxiously roudy?
    -- Surprisingly, no. It gets quiet a lot, especially between 11pm and 5am. Which means it'd be nice to have a bit more people on here, since there's usually less than 3 people on at that time and barely anyone talks in chat. And even at its best, there's rarely more than 20 people online here. :(

-- I should know, since I run a player shop myself. But even then, I can't help but visit the fairshop! (/v +fs) The prices there are very affordable and there's a huge majority of items there (and you can even sell your items!) Then, there's Clare's Enchanted Book/Armor/Tools shop, where it's obviously the best place to go if you want a guaranteed tool, weapon, or armor piece with the preferred enchants you want... and also one of the oldest shops on EMC. Finally, I also contribute by making my own mini-shop of sorts, selling things that Clare and the fairshop normally wouldn't sell and for reasonable prices (like doutdout101, kay76087 [/v +kmart] and a few others are as well), so I guess everyone's contributing with shops of their own! Which is just as beneficial, considering all the requests people are making around here for single and double chests of logs, cobble, sand, sandstone, gravel... all the good stuff, and all for cheap, of which the populace is more than willing to sell off at least 50% of the time. Bottom line? The economy is great here. :)

What about non-shop player builds? What sort of entertainment does your server have? EMC sponsored entertainment (like PvP, Mob Arena)?
    -- To start, Ultimamaxx is making both a huge mall spanning many res's, and a roller coaster not too far from where my res is, actually. (I must've got lucky when I joined where I did. xD) Additionally, this is the home of smp8's EMC games, with Luckygreenbird's res just a corner away from it. So a lot of major projects and things going on. I saw the king of the hill map as well... it looks like it has potential tbh ;_;

-- I'm just going to list a few people I've seen on at least 90% of the time since I joined who I KNOW are active on here: Ultimamaxx, ClareMuss, Frostbrewed*, kay76087, bringmeacloud, BailiB, Qwerty189, Deadmaster98*, Chewsy4*, huckleberry24, Kephras*, ruari342, MAJESTICsnowbird, karkar651, and of course, me. I'm sure there's more, but I can't name them all off the top of my head: I've only been on EMC not even 3 months. xD (And no, sadly, Reptillicus isn't one of them. Much to my dismay. <w<)

* - activity on EMC halted or delayed by RL issues or otherwise, but are regulars at their peak of activity normally

I know some other people from smp8 have commented here already, but again I just wanted to get my two cents in about the server. ^^; What you do with this information, as well as what you decide in the long run, is entirely up to you.

HTH, fishmeal. :)
  6. It kind of took off, and a lot of people answered. Your answers are awfully similar though, except for a few things, so I think the conclusion is: they aren't as different as people think. I think I'll come hang out for a bit on the other servers.
    607 and FDNY21 like this.