Describe The Perfect PVP Server

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by GameKribJEREMY, Oct 28, 2011.

1. Hm, I do know that there are groups what would like to break up into smaller factions...how about two OFFICIAL factions, and people can create sub-factions within the original two. The original two would have things, obviously that subs can't do, like semi-protected bases, etc. But it would allow teams within teams that generally work alone for the cause, but can still assist others.

Things like: "The Destroyer's base is under attack, we need all help at (coordinates) from the "Alliance!"
    Malicaii12 likes this.
  2. So you would have factions and then something like "battlegroups".
  3. Most games have a guild/clan/alliance set up....so that would work. Have a Kingdom (keeping with the Empire theme) and then have clans/guilds under that Kingdom. Everyone in the Kingdom would have a position, like a leader/King/Queen that governs the Kingdom and coordinates the wars/raids. You would have the Knights Guild, which work for the King/Queen to protect THE Castle and monitor the clans/guilds. Those who fight carry swords or bows and fight in the wars/raids. Of course you have to have the workers, those like lumber jacks and farmers, who don't fight, but work to provide the Kingdom with resources. Not sure how far you want to take this, but everyone in the Kingdom would have to have a position in order to support and protect their land. The Leader/King/Queen position would have to be elected and the candidates would go through some sort of trial to be crowned.

"protected bases" would not be a good idea, because most would get bored if you hand them a fully sustaining Kingdom. The bases/castles/villages would need to be built, because that is what you are protecting if you are raided.

Death chests would need to be implemented (if possible), because I'm sure the forum would be flooded with whiners about their stuff. Of course the person who died would have to venture back into the enemies kingdom to retrieve it. Speaking of death, to give other people a chance to be Leader/King/Queen, if the leader of a Kingdom is killed, their reign of that Kingdom is over and a new Leader will need to be elected.

About the "diserter" I think that they can not be "trusted" since they betrayed their Kingdom, so joining another Kingdom may not be a good idea, because taht Kingdom would think they are a spy and wouldn't let them join (probable). But they can, however, join the Mercenaries Guild/Clan. This group are misfits/thiefs/rougues who have no alliance to any Kingdom and can be hired to spy or steal/destroy from another Kingdom. Their Hideouts can be anywhere they can hide, mostly underground (I would think).

Also, you would need to have someway to distinguish between the Kingdoms, I was thinking that each Kingdom wear only 1 style of helm? Like Kingdom 1 only wear leather helms and 2 wears iron, ect, ect. Since we are limited on what resources can be made into amro, maybe a limit of 4 Kingdoms would be best. The Leader, however, would be the only one who could wear a diamond helm. This way it would show who the Leader is. The fighters can wear any other type of material for chest plate/legs/boots.

I've been on other pvp servers and I never get past the spawn point, so having a Safe Haven at spawn is a great idea. It would give the new player a chance to get familiar with their surroundings and to choose a Kingdom to join.

Well anyway, I've said enough. LOL
    I just joined and am very impressed with the forum (haven't been in game yet ^_^). Keep up the great work guys.

Thanks,
    Kia
  4. I'm going to chime in here because you brought up something really interesting about PVP Jeremy... working for the "cause".

What is the "cause"? What is the pupose of each faction? Is it simply to bring harm to the other faction? It seems that without any other purpose that's really all there it to do. That seems really lame to me personally.

I don't get into PVP at all, so I don't really get the appeal and I probably don't have the best perspective on what would make a good PVP setup overall, but I'm pretty sure that it would be way more fun if each faction had an opposing purpose other than just hating each other for lack of any other purpose and fighting each other because there's nothing else to do.

If each faction had some sort of opposing purpose, there would be a real reason to compete and fight each other... and something to work together for with your team. What if, for instance, Faction A had the purpose of covering the land in cobblestone, and Faction B had the purpose of covering the land in netherrack.

This is kind of a simplistic example, but it illustrates how having an opposing purpose would make things really interesting. Each faction would have something to do even when the other faction members aren't around. It would be an ongoing competition, and there would be fights over territory, raids on faction groups at work, and a reasonably clear indication of who's winning too (how much of the land is covered in cobblestone vs. netherrack)

I think lots of good role playing could result from something like this too. And it wouldn't be about fighting out of hatred or boredom, it would be about fighting for the "cause". I could see lots people enjoying this, and even being friendly with thier opponents off the 'paving grounds', where there is no need to fight each other.

I'm sure there are numerous ways this basic concept could be implemented, my example was just off the top of my head. The more I think about it though, the more it sounds like something I might even get into a bit... covering the land with your faction material, lol. It seems very well suited to Minecraft.

...just my thoughts on this one aspect of it.

:)
  5. I have an idea where there is one world where you can join teams and build bases with them then attack another clan when your ready and they are ready(all peaceful PVP, if that is possible). The forts will have one or more chest that the enemy will try to plunder. By doing this they have to invade the fort,or castle, and defeat the other players. They should not get the players(that they killed) stuff or items. Remember this would be an organized PVP world, or server, that you would play on. The battles would be timed so that each battle would be 30 min. long. You would have 15 min to gather your team mates. If it is a different world on the main server then just have the players bring thier own stuff. If it is a different server then do the same thing you do with the arena server(knight,archer,tank,chef,etc.). Also if it would be a new server(wich I know is hard to do) the moderaters should make the forts them selves. After every battle the forts would respawn back to normal becuase some of it would be destroyed in battle, etc. Also I think thier should be different enviroments for the battles(plain, desert,etc.)Each would have only 2 forts,or castles, so that there would not be confusion about whos who.

Don't burn your tongue,
    Hash98
  6. I recon that is a great idea, it will allow players to kill each other and not cause any trouble... JustinGuy you should look at implementing this idea.
  7. One more time guys, this isn't going to be added to our server, nor is it something we're working on. It's just a fun thing to think about for now. :)

Liz, great ideas. That's the kind of thing I'm getting at. PVP as it is now, is lame....which is why we are strongly against it for the Empire. By the end of this, I'm hoping we can come up with a way that would make PVP not seem lame, just to see if it's possible. :)

8. Here is my suggestion:

There are 2 factions. Everyone can join a specific faction, but there is a cool down. Like 5 to 10 minutes of delay in order to switch teams. The PVP Area should be a new world independently. So everything you obtain from the PVP world cannot be brought back into the normal worlds and vice-versa... with the exception of rupees won which I will explain later.

OBJECTIVE

The objective is to kill all players of the opposite team. The time per round should be 30 minutes. Each team can build bases that can be hidden or in plain view. 5 minutes would be given to protect the division of the lands so the opposite team couldn't rush. The default inventory should be:

- 1 bow
    - 1 iron sword
    - full iron
    - 2 stacks of arrows

NOTE: I'm not sure how if it is possible to upgrade the items yet, but i'm sure there is a way there is a way to implement such feature.

REWARDS

If you kill a person, you could be rewarded 5% of your total rupees.. If you die, you could lose 2% of your total rupees. Or, you can be awarded or lose a fixed amount rupee too, to prevent rupee farming, of course. If all enemies are eliminated, the whole team could be rewarded a specific amount.

CONCLUSION

So this is my suggestion. It would take a hell of a time to code, of course. It's straightforward and easy to understand, of course in my opinion.
  9. I think this would be a great idea for super huge arena but I dont think we should use this as an entire new world though.
  10. Leave a Faction: 1000rupees.

Join a Faction: 2000rupees

IF you leave a faction but can't join one, you will be regarded as "outlaws" and you can be attacked anytime,anywhere, by any player. You will have no bases, no supplies.

Cool? And in the middle of a "war" , you can't leave your faction. If you try, maybe a message will pop up.