[denied] Diamond supporter's get access to colored chat :D

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by StgbtL, Nov 28, 2016.

?

Colourful chat? :3

yes 6 vote(s) 25.0%
nu 15 vote(s) 62.5%
see post :) 0 vote(s) 0.0%
hi 3 vote(s) 12.5%
  1. Well, emc chat pretty white (chat text :p) but white is a pretty dull color, why not have a speachal grou of pepole get colourful chat doesnt thaT sound good, and hey, it could inspire other EMC players to support the server TO THE MAX!

(that was not necessary lol)

ANYWAYS it would be nice :)
    crafter31211 likes this.
  2. The issue that comes, it players can Abuse it and even go as far as to impersonate staff... Sorry but no....

ShelLuser and Kytula like this.
  3. It is a good idea but in my opinion I dont think its really that necessary. Also if your a Diamond supporter and Gold I think, you can use the /resshout command on your res. Which allows your chat to be blue ( only if your on your res though or someone gave you perms on their res to )/
    Kytula and WolfInAction like this.
  4. Fun idea but I like that only staff and announcements are colored text. Otherwise I'd never notice when new players join :p
    Candlewax likes this.
  5. i get that someone might try to impersonate... my boi kryssy idk if thatd be a ban of not :)

ok i get what your saying, but im saying in PUBLIC chat (./c t) but i 100% get what your saying :)

that acctually got me there #putitinbold :p :p :p
    Lordess_Spartan and Kytula like this.
  6. Colored chat not being a thing is one of the things I like about EMC. I've played on many servers before and when everyone is talking in colors it gets hard to follow chat sometimes. If anything, make the chat color the color of the user's supporter level. That would be the only thing that wouldn't look horrible (I still wouldn't like it, but it would be tolerable). If this was added, you'd have diamond supporters talking like this. We don't need rainbow chat. If you want that, you can go to servers that allow you to change your chat color.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  7. WHAT?!? WHO does not like rainbowey chat (chin called dibs for rainbow chat jk idk)
  8. If rainbow chat got added, everyone would be blaming Chin for breaking chat order. :p -1
    Lordess_Spartan and RaiinNL like this.
  9. Basically this is what Staff is only allowed to do so unfortunately I don't see this going through -1 from me sorry
  10. If you have ever been on a pay to win server, (not saying EMC is, just what this idea can turn into, if fed and let roam free)

A free player's chat compared to a donator

EDIT- off and on supporter writing this post. EMC is not pay to win, and never will be, I just am expressing what could happen in the far future

{MEGA} [LEGEND] [VIP] [MVP][ANNHIALATOR]
    ~STUPID NICKNAME:
    YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

FreePlayer01- um hi im new and i need help
  11. Been suggested before, and it will not be accepted. It will remain a staff only feature as it allows for staff to get player attention.
  12. #weallknowchin
    nuclearbobomb likes this.
  13. This is one of those things that sounds like a nice idea but really doesn't work in practice.
  14. +1 if you can add like 1 or 2 colors, very useful for economic purposes.
    I can't see the harm if you enable a little amount of none-aggressive colors.

Colors like pale green, pale blue or most of the pales is not rude and it's relaxing to read and very noticing.
  15. this is not something we want to add. The cleanness of our chat is a huge selling point for us.
  16. -1, because, as said before....
    [quote="Carbonyx, post: 1263391
    {MEGA} [LEGEND] [VIP] [MVP][ANNHIALATOR]
    ~STUPID NICKNAME:
    YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

FreePlayer01- um hi im new and i need help [/quote]
    I've been on other servers where they make the 'free' players have dull chat colours but the ones who pay have brighter colours, so people only pay attention to those who actually pay.

EDIT: why didn't that quote work? Oh well, you get what I mean
  17. You are missing a bracket
  18. I'd definitely not like to see this in town chat, but I could see this being applied to residence chat. After all, right now there are already colors which only supporters can use, like residence entry/depart messages and for example message signs (the book & quill in a box). And what to think about /resshout?

So I'd go -1 on town chat, but +1 on res chat :)
    gladranger7 likes this.
  19. I'd take it a step further and perhaps once Empires happens. Having such Colored chat out in Outpost chat. ( /C O )
    Carbonyx likes this.