DayZ Standalone

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by fluffinator09, Dec 25, 2013.

1. I now have DayZ, trying to download it... Who knows how long that will take with the DDOS attack on the Steam servers :/
  2. I was looking at getting dayz standalone. I really want a zombie survival game where everything is a factor to your survival. Dayz standalone seems to be this way, or about as close as I will get. I will let you guys know if I decide to get it. Btw can anyone give me a review with the pros and cons to dayz standalone?
  3. cons
    note pretty much all of my cons will be fixed in updates in the future
    as of right now is barely any zombies for a zombie game, and only 4 guns, and a couple melee weapons, also skyscrapers are bugged to not spawn loot properly
    (this is my personal problem same map as always, I've gotten bored of chenarus)
    (i may be wrong on this) cant make a campfire yet/also harder to make campfires
    no animals, for the people like me that like to hunt for food instead of looting cans or other things this is a pain right now
    no vehicles, right now...
    *game play mechanic of peoples mindset, unfortunately there is still a ton of shooting on sight, fortunately in a sense, some features encourage bandits to not kill you, but just bind you and steal your stuff possibly, its encouraged to play with more then just 1 or 2 people... you'd be surprised on the size of bandit crews sometimes...

pros
    realism, can openers or bayonet must be used for opening cans, unless its the kind of tuna cans with a ring on it, or drinks ;D
    all servers are linked(for the most part, unless its private or something along those lines), log out from any, log into any, and good to go
    Buildings that were in the arma 2 version that went assessable now are, + more building placements (including more military bases for weapon opportunities)
    gear system overhauled, items can now be carried in your pants, shirt, vest, and backpack, all of witch have various size
    items of customization are every were, so you can look how you want
    items also have durability
    spawning no longer only on the coastlines(though there are still some spawns on the coast)

depending on your opinion the following can be both a pro and con
    Handcuffs, or rope. Bind your victims before you loot them, or steal their blood for the following
    blood types, if you use the wrong kind of blood pack you could kill yourself, there is also items that can be used to fix this and also test your blood type

if you've played the arma 2 version of dayz, alot of the things are quite similar
    if you haven't id suggest watching some videos on youtube to get an idea of what its about, and how to not be a bambi ;D

that's just a small overview in my opinion of it right now

if you want to add me to steam pm me, I have a requirement of age/maturity, sorry if its a bit blunt, but I'm not willing to handhold people threw this game ;D