Critical Information for the starter book

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by spartan0405, Apr 3, 2014.

1. So I finish the tutorial and decided I go gather resources in the wastelands. When I get there I start wondering around gathering as I go. When it starts to get dark I decide to head back. I try every command I can think of to warp back to the spawn with no luck I've wondered far out of site from the spawn and have no idea where it's at. I decided to ask in chat how to get back but know one in local can here me!I tried to figure out how to use global chat but as far as I can tell, there isn't one. So it's dark, I'm fighting for my life and trying to find the spawn after about 30mins I finally find it and make it back to town. I asked it town chat if there is anyway to leave the waste lands other than the spawn and they say "die". Is that really the only way to leave? If so, why in the world wouldn't you make that info available to the new player? I searched the forums and the wiki and if there's another way, I can't figure it out. You'd think that would be something you'd want to add to the new player book. You tell how to get to the frontier and wastelands. Why not add a note that to leave them you have to return to the spawn?

Maybe it's just me but I've played on quit a few servers before this one and they all allowed you to /spawn to leave an area.

And what about the chat? there's really no global chat? What about a help chat? Either would have been incredibly useful while I was fighting for my life in the wastelands.

Like I said, I've played on quit a few severs and I've never had any problem navigating before coming here.

I wonder how many new players got lost in the wastelands, became frustrated and just quit?
  2. /town offers teleports to both the Wilderness and Wastelands.
    There is no Global chat, but you can /tell <playername> <message> if you need help with being stuck in the wild.

The Empire Website offers a Live Map feature to guide you back to safety.

I completely agree with you. I think it may be a good idea to ask the newer players what they think should be added in the Empire Guide, we do not get to see the New Players POV and maybe we should start doing so.
    Leopard_Knight and SkareCboi like this.
  3. I'm in the same exact situation and searched the forum, finding this thread. Thank you for posting this. Time to fight my way back to a spawn portal... :rolleyes:
  4. Yeah it's incredibly frustrating. When I searched the forums I couldn't find anything. I'm totally amazed that there's no info about this anywhere. This is the only server I've played on where you couldn't /spawn and end up somewhere safe.
    I'm not saying this is a bad thing, you just need to let new players know this. Maybe signs at the the frontier and wasteland spawns? If you want to build up server numbers, this should be the first thing you do. How many new players do think think become frustrated and simply quit?

Other than this one major flaw this server is great! Hopefully they'll make that change and we'll get more people to share it with.
  5. Thanks for the suggestions guys! We'll look at adding some of them soon =)