[CONTEST]Creative Build for me Contest

Discussion in 'Public Member Events' started by AmusedStew, Apr 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Im building right now :D
    AmusedStew likes this.
  2. I am making one, I will enter by Monday (If it is still open then).
  3. It closes Tuesday at 9PM EMC time.
  4. khixan and AmusedStew like this.
  5. Ok, it is exactly 25 x 25 ATM, FYI.
  6. I have finished the build very quickly, and I will post pictures in a spoiler thing. But first, how do you make a spoiler?
  7. [.spoiler] [/spolier take out the period and add a bracket to the end
  8. So [.spoiler] <Text> [/spoiler] ? Or without the dot?
  9. Ok, it is exactly 25 by 25 blocks, 4 blocks high. The ceiling and floor are almost symmetrical, due to the glow stone and glass. This means you can easily repeat the floors to create a larger storage area. It mainly uses sand, sandstone, birch, white glass and bricks. In each corner there are 16 DCs and 2 SCs (17 DCs). The corners also are symmetrical.
    View from the door whilst flying. 2015-04-11_20.30.25.png

View onto a corner 2015-04-11_20.30.25.png
    View onto the top 2015-04-11_20.30.01.png

Attached Files:

khixan likes this.
  10. No idea why it has become broken like that :p
  11. You forgot to provide the download link to the world.

Here is how you do it:
  12. Cool! But i belive you need a download link
  13. Decided to do this too.

Fits into 25x25? Yes.
    Height? 11 including the blocks redstone torches are on for redstone lamps in the floor. 10 for blocks actually placed.
    Capacity? 104 double chests.
    Setup? Center room with 4 sections, 8 double chests each, with hallways between the sections which lead into four more rooms between the hallways, each color-coded split in half and containing 9 double chests.
    Materials? A lot of sandstone and some stained clay.

2015-04-11_17.14.02.png 2015-04-11_17.20.26.png

Download link is here (hopefully).
    AmusedStew likes this.
  14. I do not have an account to upload it. I think you need an account.
  15. AmusedStew likes this.
  16. Bump! Really glad we have some more competition!
  17. I used OneDrive if you don't mind for my World Save.
    https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=62819BE561089C09&id=62819be561089c09!109

This picture is a view of the spawn area for your pickup. The pressure plates are just a small note to take in. I set it so that it would say: "Welcome to AmusedStew's Sand Co. Pickup!" Just change those into a res message or a message chest below. If you notice, there are some pressure plates along the sides. You can rig those later to tp to a certain location. The water you see in the back under the wither skele painting is a water elevator for easy access to all floors if needed. 2015-04-12_16.34.04.png

A "better" view of the water elevator. Just some simple signs and water buckets.
    2015-04-12_16.34.11.png

A view of the entire thing. I hope you put this underground, or else it might look a bit ugly...
    Also, the floating shack up above is a storage area for overflow, somewhere to keep all the sand until it's ready to be put in the pickup chests.
    2015-04-12_16.34.38.png

A view inside one of the pickup rooms. You can vertically expand this as much as you like, it's the same on each floor.
    2015-04-12_16.34.48.png

I tried going for a compact build (length and width-wise anyways), so this is at most a 13x13. It is smaller in some areas. I tried also going for an open feel, and that's why the chests are spread out like that as you see in the last picture. As I said, this design is vertically expandable, so have at it. Also, each "pod/section" contains 19 DCs. If you don't like the water elevator, you can abandon that and seal it off, cover it with another DC, and poof! 20 DCs per pod.
    khixan and AmusedStew like this.
  18. My submission:

Album: http://imgur.com/a/W29Bv

Front View (Notice the Amused Stew initials):

Ceiling:

Hidden Lighting:

Back View:

48 Chests total, and well under 25mx25m.

What shaderpack, you ask? KUDA Shaders Lite.

Sorry if it's a little rough, only had a little under two hours to do it.

NOTE: This is meant to be underground / similarly hidden. No exterior design.

Have a good day. :)
    khixan and AmusedStew like this.
  19. Ends in ~29 hours if I counted right
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.