[Contest] A Book Cover Like No Other (50k Reward)

Discussion in 'Artists' Gallery' started by NetherSpecter, May 13, 2014.

1. Good evening ladies and gentlemen, chances are you're here to draw. Well the guidelines are below, good luck.

• You MUST PM ME THE DRAWING. To avoid someone stealing your work.
    • You can enter as many photos as you want.
    • It must be relevant to a story I've been working on here is a link. Enjoy the read.
    • DO NOT STEAL OTHER'S WORK If I can find it, you will be immediately disqualified.
    • Please note that by giving me your work I will be allowed to use it without dealing with copyright. I will own ALL rights to the photo should I decide to use it.
    • The Current Photo I have on the story is a bit mediocre so... yeah hoping you guys can do better than I. :)
    • There's a 50k Rupee reward, you can only win if you follow all the rules above.
    • Because I'm nice :p I'm going to giveaway an extra 5k to anyone who can answer the following questions FIRST on 5/20/14 you must PM ME to successfully win it. DO NOT PM ME UNTIL 5/20/14, this can be done at 12:00 AM on US Central Standard Time.

1. What is the name of the city that is in the story?
    2. What is the main mage character's name?
    3. How many male's have been successfully introduced? (successfully meaning mentioned by name)
    4. What is the name of all of the main character's weapons?
    5. How many words is in the first episode? (This can easily be found by clicking the link below)

*Click The Pic*

If you have any questions make sure to PM me
    AliceF3 likes this.
  2. I'd like to say, good job in putting 'pen to paper.'

A few things you should be careful to correct though. Make sure to keep your tense straight. Your story is mostly written in past tense but I noticed you have a tendency to slip into present tense (something "is" happening, when it "was" happening). Also get in the habit of starting a new paragraph whenever someone new is speaking. It seems silly sometimes when you only have two sentences in a paragraph but it makes it much more readable and this is a long-standing practice in the literary community.

Other than that I see other places where your story could improve. I know you meant this thread mainly for artwork and I'm not trying to be overly critical, just trying to give some helpful feedback. The important thing is that you're writing! So don't let anyone discourage you by their critique. The pros will tell you that the most important thing is getting the words down. You can mess with a second draft or rearranging your story later. Keep up the good work!
    607 likes this.
  3. Um, none of the images in your post seem to be working...
    607 likes this.
  4. Ooh, nice unavailable pictures :rolleyes:
    Brennian likes this.
  5. Hm, for me the extra contest is 8:00 AM, tuesday. I need to get to school early then... Got to prepare to be the first ;)
  6. Yeah gotta fix that cleaned up my imgur acc recently and accidentally deleted "Contest: Book Cover Pics" I'll see about getting some more back up. :)
    607 likes this.