Container flag should allow item frames by default.

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by azoundria, Nov 21, 2016.

?

Should Players With Container Flag Be Allowed To Access Item Frames?

Of course! That's what I would expect. 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Yes, item frames are a type of container, like ovens, beacons, and chests. 0 vote(s) 0.0%
I don't care either way. 0 vote(s) 0.0%
No, if players want to give access to item frames they should need to specify it separately. 3 vote(s) 100.0%
Absolutely not! 0 vote(s) 0.0%
  1. I was just wondering if there is any reason why if I give a player Build and Container rights, they should not be allowed to access item frames, and I have to additionally give them that permission separately.

Seems to me, container includes beacons, brewing stands, chests, dispensers, furnaces, and hoppers, so should logically include item frames too.

I feel that item frames should be a subflag like each of the above items, and unless I specifically set the item frame flag to false for a player, they should be included along with all the other types of containers. And I was surprised to find that it doesn't work like that.

But how does the community feel?

If someone disagrees I would appreciate if you could explain your reasoning.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  2. The only significant difference between item frames and everything else mentioned above is that an item frame doesn't have it's own UI. Chests, dispensers, etc. do and can be opened by right clicking. Item frames on the other hand just needs a left click and the item's in your inventory. Not disagreeing with this but it may have been a part of the logic behind why it is what it is now.
  3. I'm a bit in between.

I do see your point, and I don't disagree with it, but this is why permission groups exist:

See shoped? Right now I'm only using that for Aya but still: when she needs to edit her shop stuff in my shop (shoped: "Shop Edit") then she'll need just the perms you mentioned. So instead of giving player(s) those perks I add 'm to this group.

So when Aya tells me she wants to change her shop sign / thingie then I do: /res gadd shoped ayanamikun and off she goes. Then when she's done (and she actually tells me </hint> :D) I can use: /res gdel shoped ayanamikun to remove her.

In case this is new stuff I'm sharing: /res gset shoped itemframe,container,build,createshop true, that's the command I used to make this group.

So yeah, I'm in between. I definitely see your point, I agree with it, but I'm indifferent (sorry, no vote from me) because the group permissions have this covered for me.
  4. -1

Sorry but i can see issues, for example, say someone has all their promos in an item frame area... and gives container, then that would allow said player to take stuff from item frames as well, even though they are only ment for the chest access....

If you get where i am going with this, you can understand why it can cause problems...
    AncientTower likes this.