Connect four

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Sauvey, Feb 25, 2014.

?

Like this idea?

Yes 6 vote(s) 100.0%
No 0 vote(s) 0.0%
  1. I'm thinking about building a player vs player style connect four game on my residence. I plan for two players to be in separate rooms playing connect four by standard means, and for this game to be completely automatic.
    To make profit, I will charge on diamond, gold ingot, or emerald per game. To spice things up players will be able to bet items safely in a chest, and all items in that chest will go to the winner. So, I would like to here your opinions on this, if you think it's a good idea or not and if you would play it. If you have any ideas or better ideas for this, I will gladly accept any feedback. Thank you for reading!
  2. It is a good idea, but people will not always be on for to pay you, I prefer it being Free and accepting tips :)
    battmeghs likes this.
  3. Question 1: is connect 4 mathematically solvable?
  4. Please don't bring math into this...
    EVERWIN67 likes this.
  5. I may make it free, we will see how it turns out :)
  6. Wait I'm confused :(
  7. Games like tic-tac-toe can be mathematically solved, that is, you can find an algorithm that tells you the move to ensure your victory in every situation.
    Games like chess cannot be mathematically solved (It is presumed) as there is no way to compute all possible positions.
    The question is, is there an ideal course of play in connect 4?
  8. I don't think that will be a problem because to my knowledge, to every action the enemy layer makes to ensure a victory, the is an appropriate response to negate that action and away to negate that action that was intended to prevent the original action. So in a match with clever opponents, neither one should gain an advantage until one makes a mistake.
  9. There IS a way to win a connect four game every single time. It is quite complicated however.
    (btw tic-tac-toe isn't always winnable)
    Sounds neat. :D
  10. Yep, that's what math does to you.
  11. Just gonna leave this here...
    BlackKnight1021 likes this.
  12. Just because there's a video about, it doesn't mean it's any less confusing.
  13. There are ways to pay rupees to access redstone devices. There's a few designs somewhere...
  14. I quote "if they are a perfect player"
    Don't think il run into to many of those, no offense.