Computer hates me!

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by _REMOVED_38413, Feb 28, 2013.

1. It's only the computer, it hates me so much...this happened twice already( it's a new comp) the last time it happened I shutdown my computer and re open it, it worked after I reseted my router, but this time......it was prepared....

And I can't forget the network, it can't detect ANY networks, but all the other devices can. (iPads, a really old laptop, other comps that aren't mine )
  2. Hm - so did you reset your router? (Pull power cord out and in)
  3. Yes...and I waited ten seconds before plugging it back in.
    Faithcaster likes this.
  4. Turned the internet on and off on your computer?
  5. Turn it on and off? It's hasn't been on ever since I can't connect to a network
  6. Perhaps that's why you can't connect to a network then? xD
  7. How do you turn the Internet on/off?
    OMGOMGOMG
    ERMAGAAAAD
  8. Click the signal bar at the bottom-right of your display if you're on Windows. There's a couple of things that might be wrong;

- Next to they grey "Wireless Network Connection" make sure that the arrow is UP. If not, it won't list available connections.

- Are you in range of your connection? Have you changed it's or the computers location recently at all?

- Try refresh the pop-up (blue, bendy arrows at top right)

- Try troubleshooting

- If there is a connection available, right click and click Status - see if anything's wrong there.

- Click "Change adapter settings" from the Network and Sharing Center

How long has it not been working for specifically?

Did you talk to your parents? Did they do anything to computer/change something with your ISP?

I'm assuming that you've previously been connecting to the internet on that computer so it must be set up. Does anyone else use it? Open the Network and Sharing Center from the same pop-up icon and see if anything's set to something it shouldn't be.
  9. I WILL laugh my head off, if the problem was REALLY simple..
  10. This piece of info might help:
    It's not signal bars, it's a picture if a computer with a Red Cross..
  11. My computers been like this for several days, and I know for sure it's not my parents or the ISP, my parents need to use my computer daily, without it, they're going to have BIG trouble..,the only option that you suggested that I haven't tried is the "change adapter settings", because I have no idea what to do there...
  12. I'm not a computer expert in any way, but that MIGHT mean that you're on a LAN connection. Are there any cables, most likely blue, that aren't in correct? Make sure that all of them are connected to the computer though.
    Check it to see if there are any errors or problems. How many options are there? Send me a capture of it with Snipping Tool if possible.

EDIT: I just looked at my "Change adapter settings" and the computer(s) with a red cross in the bottom left was for a LAN or Local Area Connection.

Does yours say "unplugged" anywhere, or something similar?

Oh and please try to just edit your posts into 1 ;)
  13. Someone told me that too, lol
    EDIT: and yes, when I do troubleshoot, it said plug in the Ethernet cable or something, but I don't have one, so I skipped it, then it said one of the cables either not plugged in right or broken, but I know for sure my router has no problem, but maybe one of the cables connected to my Internet might've came out../: don't want to move my whole desk to check...but this is for minecraft...
  14. If it's LAN it won't have anything to do with your router, that's just WiFi. From what I can tell, you're not on WiFi. :)

...for Minecraft!
  15. So...what am I suppose to do.....if its LAN?
    ...For....the best thing in the world....minecraft..
  16. Sorry not LAN. I mean Local Area Connection. It's still internet, but for that computer ONLY.

I'm still not 100% though, so you would probably need to ask an expert.

Do make sure that you get those cables all in properly :)

17. technologygeek in:
    need to know a couple o things:
    isp:
    age of computer:
    age of modem:
    model of modem if possible:
  18. Oh my god...omg....OMG....ERMAGOD!!!!
    This is really stupid, my brother shutdown my computer( done this before and it failed .....for me) and it worked, can't believe it, my computer hates me...but it loves my bro...
    AlexChance likes this.
  19. Should I laugh my head off?
  20. Xenonrai: It was a ridiculously simple problem. Hate to tell you that, but it was. One of the function keys has a little tower on it- this toggles your WLAN card on and off. Some computers have a physical switch instead, too. Also, if it's not physical, (which it isn't if restarting fixed it) then all you have to do is either press the one with the broadcasting tower (typically f5 or f12) or hold FN and do the same thing. Hope this helps next time it happens!
    This made me lol. (No offense intended.)