Community?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by BluMacow101, Oct 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. On my res I was gonna build a public auction display and pickup. So you could display your live action there and the person who won it would pick it up there. It is on res 3068.

Would anybody be interested before I build it? So I could save a slot for you?
    ShelLuser likes this.
  2. i would not go in the chests if you were wondering.
  3. I understand why you would want to do this, but there is no guarantee that you will take these items as you will have full access to the res where they are located. For some people it's not worth the risk of getting blacklisted on the forums if the items on their auction went missing. It would be better off if people have it on their own res where they can control everything.
    FadedMartian and ShelLuser like this.
  4. This has been done in the past and stopped in the past.

There are too many ways for this to be taken advantage of.
    NuclearBobomb and Sachrock like this.
  5. Ok, what should I do on my res for the community then?
  6. I want to do something that will benifitial others more than me
  7. First of all (based on your forum title): a (probably belated) welcome to the Empire!

You could consider something small... For example: build a small farm in the Frontier (or waste if you don't mind to have it reset eventually, after which you'd have to build it again). Or... I suppose you could try and build a villager trading center (that could be done on your res.).

This is obviously just my 2 cents but I'd start by finding other community projects, participate in them to help them out and learn how this whole thing works. Because although the EMC community is definitely one of the better groups on the Internet in my opinion, there are always a few rotten apples to be found here and there.

See: the 'taking advantage' part which Sachrock spoke off can work both ways, some people could also try to take advantage of you. It's a minimal risk (seriously), but nonetheless something I would keep in mind, especially if you're new to this.

My suggestion: SMP8 PWU. It's a huge public farm on SMP8, originally started by Khixan and run by a whole group of people. And basically everyone can help out a bit and do their part. It might be the perfect thing for you to get a bit of experience on how this whole thing works.

Hope this can help... Note: the only reason I mention PWU is because I happen to know them from mind, but I'm sure that there are tons more projects to be found...

Oh, another idea: how about an event res? Maybe a skin competition area, some parkour, maybe a fun game? That could be fun, you should be able to make something which other people can also safely use.

Hope this can give you some ideas, I like your thinking btw!
    MelleTheHundred likes this.
  8. Look around and ask what people want! You may get some ideas. The first thing you should consider tho is that the thing you will make is risk-free for the user! :)
  9. Title changed from Auctions! to Community? per OP request.
  10. How do I build a skin competition res?
  11. Ok, thanks for the input
  12. There are many things. Will edit this post with a list when on my desktop
    FadedMartian and ShelLuser like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.