Comminities , fronties , distance. so many questions.

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by RichRayM, Apr 14, 2014.

1. Is there some indication what you cant find in the wilderness , is there a list of block ? or can you find everything now.

And oh.., the nature in wilderness is so nice.
    Palmsugar likes this.
  2. Portals can be made with this fyi:
    Envie42 likes this.
  3. Whats that in the right bottom corner. never seen it ingam e.
    Yes i know how to make a portal. the requyired parts are packed with me.
  4. Does the Lock work to on ender chests ? or is that not needed for ender chests ?
  5. Not needed.
  6. Are Nether portals the only way to currently do long travel out in the wilderness?
  7. Depends how much time you want to spend, you can still use boats and walk.
  8. Yes I've spent quite a few hours now adventuring that way and I tend to die after about 4-5 game days out there so apparently I'm not very good at long distance travel yet! ;)
  9. Do a bit more practice in wasteland for longer distances. and see what you need to carry with you and wich amount. ;)
    Envie42 likes this.
  10. I think you're right. I need to learn to survive better for longer periods of time before I try to go so far out there! Wasteland is a good way to do that and mine / gather at the same time.

I guess I was so excited to rush out there and see some of the cool outposts players have created it didn't occur to me I might not yet be ready to go that far. LOL. :p
    OrangeDuck607 likes this.
  11. I would recommend checking out the Minecraft Wiki. Any block can be found in the wilderness that spawn in the overworld. Good luck with your adventures!
  12. Well, first need to setup more things.
    And hope its getting accepted / established soon. n ot sure how long that takes.
    Not see any reason why it not would be accepted.

Meanwhile , heading to the drawingboard :)
  13. Remember, outposts have to be at lease 5,000 blocks away from spawn and 3,000 blocks away from any outposts you can spot.
  14. I can say with my feeling. "I;m home"
    Town is not the same. no nice view,no rain. No wasteland,
    it can take some time to get some resources for more. but its so nice.

Its offcorse still nice i can go to town for other things.
    OrangeDuck607 and Envie42 like this.
  15. Hey VoxelRay - just replying here as an answer to your question in my Camp post regarding Nether Rail. I'm sure some of the veteran frontier people here can answer better than me however.

The reason players create nether rail systems is to cut down on travel distance. In the nether, 1 block of distance equals 8 blocks in the Overworld (regular land). So you can see how it's advantageous to build a railway system in the Nether to cut down on distance needed to create the tracks. When you come out the other side of the rail system through another nether portal at the destination, you've cut your travel time through overworld by a lot!

The only problem is of course it's more dangerous in the nether so the rail systems are build tunneling through the upper levels and all dangerous sections blocked off so it's one continuous 'subway' tunnel if that makes sense.

So with a minecart, and the shorter distance in the nether, you can travel very quickly. I think it's amazing how much work many players have put into extensive nether rail systems in the frontier.
  16. Some question about the distance between outposts:

lets say you have 2 outpost. one is EMC thast 5000 blocks circle. next to it you have a 3000 blocks circle from someone.
    can 1 circle reach into the circle from the other outpost ? Sofar i know thats not posible in EMC rules that 1 circle is invading other outpost circle.

Is that correct ?
  17. kind of depends on the outpost. pm a mod or seniorstaff about it, sometimes they can go by island space, sometimes raw space or sometimes outpost owners want their territory to stretch a certain direction