Comminities , fronties , distance. so many questions.

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by RichRayM, Apr 14, 2014.

1. voxel is english not your first language?
    OrangeDuck607 likes this.
  2. bitemenow15. No, english is not my first langauge.
  3. bitemenow15. No, english is not my first langauge.
    But not have to many problems with it. for me everything around computers need to be english if possible.
  4. Me too. Pretty sure my first language was goo goo, gaa gaa.
    But i much prefer English around computers. I can't read baby, I just speak and understand it.
  5. just asking lol its understandable but difficult.
  6. Just readed that you cannot find all resources in the wild in other thread.
    So there's still one conflict.

A: You need to be far away from spawn, further away is betetr.
    B: wilderness is not meaned for mineing. *still can be done for some stuff invisible)
    C: you need to mine in wasteland.

But, to reach wasteland you need to go back to spawn. to get easy back to spwan you need to travel a long time back or need to go closer to spawn, with the risk of not finding a good place or more trouble. you can offcorse dig a long tunnel, and hope you dont hit other outposts. portal, i looked into that, but different story with new problems.
  7. Just want to make sure, you're gonna make an outpost... Is that what this is for? To ask questions about those things?
    Just ask somebody for help with portals, it makes traveling to outposts faster.
  8. Yes i want to make outpost. not sure who to call about portals. but then i need someone that knows the nether to. :O
  9. you can mine in the wilderness(frontier) around your base, it just shouldnt be the main reason you are there, otherwise it would end up looking like a (pun intended) wasteland. but if its your base then you can pretty much do whatever you want to it
  10. Yes, if i go mine in the wilderness. you need. its invisible from outside. not like ruined terrain.
    also i know how the portals work. only need to learn a bit more.

Still makeing list of blocks that oi need to pack and bring with me etc.
    and learn a few things more. some extra tests.

Once in the wild you cant easy go back..... :D
  11. This is very true.

If you want those rare blocks, like hardened clay, or packed ice, you will have to either find them close to your frontier base, or head back to town to bring back a load of them from some wasteland. And that does present a problem for players wanting to live in the Wilderness.

But that is the point of 'survival' Frontier living. You don't have every single block at your fingertips like you do in Town. :) You either make do with what you can find in the Wild, or you make the long trek to find out.

For my Wilderness Base, I found a location that happen to be nearby a Mesa, and Ice Spike plains, as well as Flower forests and other useful biomes. I plan on building rail systems to transport not just players, but also chest minecarts full of resources to and from locations. And I hope to 'ravage' these areas in such a way as to add to the asthetic's of the area. :) Rather than leaving it a mess, perhaps I will build a giant quarry as I empty the Mesa. Or leave behind workman's Igloo's as I work at removing all the packed ice.
    However, when Empires protection comes out, and i protect the area, I will be able to teleport to and from town, which will make bring rare resources out to the base much easier.
  12. (but that probably won't be anytime soon)
  13. Which IMO is a good thing. The point of Wilderness living is 'Survival'. It's hardly survival when i can just teleport to town anytime and get whatever...
  14. :)
    already liveing for 90% that way in town, collect hat i can find in wasteland and make it myself.
    its really the most fun part, ok buyed a few small things , and a bit more before i head out into the wild.
    so, i have sofar i can see a few important things with me.

I like it ! ;)
  15. Hi - brand new to the Empire ... trying to learn about the frontier as that's my main reason for joining. I didn't know this type of outpost exploration / play existed and it's very appealing to me!

I wanted to comment on your remark because I think it's really important. Much of the appeal to exploring and setting up an outpost in the wilderness seems to revolve around the risk / danger of doing so in remote locations that are accessible by others who might wander through. I ventured out into the map last night and was immediately drawn into the 'what if' scenario of outpost development. Packing up all your most prized possessions and heading off on a one-way trip out into the wilderness with some friends to start an outpost sounds like a fantastic idea and an epic adventure.

To create instant portals to and from town to that remote wild location seems to lessen the challenge and thus lessen the adventure. If players can instantly portal back to town to buy or get whatever they need, then the frontier will no longer be 'wild' and will instead become a massive extension of town. The 'suburban sprawl' effect will happen.

I hope they do not do this for the simple reason that wild... remote and difficult to traverse is really a great portion of the challenge and fun.
  16. I agree. :)

But the absolute Beauty of EMC is that you can have any kind of experience you want. You can have all the different experiences you want simultaneously. :)

We currently have 10 servers in which you can play any style you want. Maybe concentrate on a town residence on 1, then head off into the wild alone on another. Maybe join a larger community on yet another server. And jump between them at will like being on lots of different minecraft servers.

Empires protection system (when it comes out in the future) will give you the 'option' to claim/protect your base. As in, you don't have to. If you wish, i'm sure there will be the option to 'turn off' the ability to teleport to and from as well.

Empires protection system WILL happen, it's a planned feature.
  17. Envie42, you describe my feelinbgs about the wild and the challenge fun good.

I hope i can post a start soon.
    Base protection would be very nice. it increase the fun.
  18. I don't think I have seen this point made yet. There are advantages to making outposts or mining on servers other than your Town server. The cost to Vaulting items between servers is low. It will give you more flexibility and give you options that will save you time as well as avoid logistical problems.
  19. What? :)
  20. I thought what I wrote was clear enough, but here goes.

"I don't think I have seen this point made yet."
    Translation: I do not think anyone has made the following point yet so I will. If someone already has mentioned this in this thread, my apologies.

"There are advantages to making outposts or mining on servers other than your Town server."
    Translation: If you decide to play in the Wild on the same server where you have your residence, be prepared to do a lot of running back and forth between your outpost and Town or to spend extended periods away from one or the other.

"The cost to Vaulting items between servers is low."
    Translation: The cost of moving items between servers is not much in comparison to the benefits. Don't sweat it.

"It will give you more flexibility and give you options that will save you time as well as avoid logistical problems."
    Translation: Being able to play in the Wild or Town simply by switching servers is a lot better than having to ride a rail every time you want to come into Town for a drop party or saying, "forget it.", because it is too much of a hassle or will take too long. You can also use an XP farm on one server then switch to another to enchant. There are other examples I can cite but they should be pretty obvious so I'll make a general statement like: It will give you more flexibility and give you options that will save you time as well as avoid logistical problems.