Church of the Open Door

Discussion in 'Products, Businesses, & Services Archives' started by Lone_Wolf_Gamer, Jul 5, 2015.

1. I am glad I attended, even if I am not a christian is was nice to see how other's see our universe.
  2. A part of me lost hope in society when I read that. I just... I can't even believe I read that.
  3. This sounds interesting. I may attend sometime if I can get out of the frontier at the right time.
  4. Well, that's because that's exactly what we believe you are doing. The New American Bible is the one we cite, and it has slightly different translations than other versions of the bible. Now in a sense, you could even argue that it is symbolic in doing so, but it isn't. I don't know. It is hard to put into words, it's just one of those things you have to understand. :p

The bad thing about science is that nothing can ever be an absolute truth. You can never be 100% sure of anything, as it is all a theory. In fact, much of modern physics is now built off of Einstein's relativity. And THAT relied heavily on the idea that there is no particle that can travel faster than the speed of light. There was a very close call for physics as we know it, as a few years ago it was thought that we discovered a particle that traveled, yes, faster than light. (This was disproven afterwards, but still). All of science and perception of the world through science is built off of a few theories. Yes, these theories have all been tested an unthinkable number of times, but if there was a minor error in any of these baseline theories then everything would implode on itself. We are having a hard enough time as it is in the category of physics with Einstein's perception of physics vs Quantum physics. Einstein wrote a paper on Quantum mechanics and yet they contradict each other.

So if you really want to rely so heavily on science, here is something that will hurt your brain.

We have always wanted to know wether we are alone. Are we the only life out there? If theism is just a silly bunch of lies, then we are no more than a bunch of particles randomly colliding. Everything about us can be interpreted and we have no soul in a sense. Our brains are fire a predictable series of electrical pulses and we can therefore determine exactly what anyone on the planet will ever do, what anyone will ever think, what our grandchildren will look like, everything. Everything is strictly determinable.

Therefore, as a result of us wondering as to wether we were alone (what even is life if all we are is a random collision of infinitely small little fibers? Yes string theory :p) we decided to try and calculate the chance so to speak of other life existing. To do this we need all the factors that life requires. It was thought originally that the only requirement were: a rocky planet containing water and enough atoms to form amino acids that was just the right distance away from a star. Not even close. There are nearly an infinite number of factors, an extremely high number still undiscovered, that life relies on. If we didn't have Jupiter our planet would be rained with a hellish bombardment of meteors. If our system wasn't just the right distance from the center of our GALAXY the gravity from the supermassive black hole in the center would have distorted the balance, sending rocks and debris from the birth of our solar system itself hurling towards the center. It is a very delicate balance we live in as it is.

As we kept discovering these factors it became apparent that life as we know it was next to impossible to exist. The chance got so low that it was eventually a mere decimal of a percent of a decimal of a percent of a chance that life would exist on even one of the planets that exists. Even with the knowledge of multiple quintillion or even sextillions of stars with planets orbiting them. So it becomes apparent that it was SOMEBODY's doing that we ended up here. That every factor was exactly perfect.

Now I can't explain about what that other guy said, I am a Christian and I believe that the earth has existed for multiple billions of years, but I can't tell someone that their interpretation of the bible, no matter how weird it may seem to me, is wrong. I personally think that whoever you are you should be open to all ideas constantly. If you are not, you are a hypocrite to call yourself religious, as all religion is is a pursuit of the truth. Some take different approaches than others at determining it, but in the end all you are doing by not being open to new ideas is condemning yourself to oblivion. My belief is that no one person has a perception of the world that is absolutely perfect. It will always be tainted in some way.

Now I can't even remember who this was directed at, nor am I going to check because I am absolutely exhausted, this wasn't directed all at you. I just spilled my little rant at 4:00 AM so please forgive me for any grammar errors or discrepancies or being mean-ness (not going to bother to think of a word for this right now)I stayed up a LITTLE too late reading ;-;

Well anyways goodnight to anyone who is reading this and I will proofread this when I wake up.
    OreoTheChristian and Gawadrolt like this.
  5. What I like about this is that your giving evolutionists the chance to argue their point. really wish I could have attended and heard the arguments of both sides!
    OreoTheChristian likes this.
  6. Thanks, I try to respect everyone's opinion/religion/belief even if I don't believe in it. :)
  7. Oops my bad. Sorry
  8. Soo your main point was that science isn't 100% correct, but then you used science to statistically prove that "someone" created us?
    SoulPunisher and DubChef like this.
  9. awww man! I would have loved to have attended. As far as science goes, its impossible to prove what happened yesterday to be 100% correct. To say that you know what happened hundreds, thousands and arguably millions or billions of years ago is just hubris. One thing the characters in that Gif have in common is a super over abundance of hubris. ;-)

Edit: define science?

Is it the scientific method or the religion of science led by the preacher tyson? Almost everything that comes out of that mans mouth is a contradiction of data easily collected by the scientific method.
  10. Yes kinda, we used science and Bible science to kinda back up our theory. It's confusing I know.
  11. True, we used science and Bible science.
  12. It's just hard to explain, there is science method and then Bible science behind our theory. We basically used statistical science and then Bible science to prove a point.

Edit: Like for example, dogs have a certain flap on their ears that help them hear in the wind when they are running. The flap was made for the dogs to improve their hearing. This can be a part of science and Bible science. The science part because science is a part of everyday life. Now some of us believe that God created this flap because He knew what they were going to need it for.

There also is a difference between the two sciences, one is religious and the other one isn't. The Bible science has a different but similar theory behind it. This is just what I believe.
  13. Nice to see a place like this that accepts many views.
    By the way, Christian, you can but all of these into one post to make it less spam-like. Forum rules wiki page states that you can't double (or more) post so try to keep it altogether. Thanks Oreo.

Again, nice to see a place like this, may tag along sometime.
    OreoTheChristian and Gawadrolt like this.
  14. Sorry that wasn't specifically at you. I just find it odd when people make the claim that science isn't 100% true then use it to back themselves up. Also, in general I think this is an interesting thing for you to do so long as everyone stays respectful.
    DubChef likes this.
  15. Statistics aren't science Oreo. They are half truths that are only useful because they are easily manipulated to come to a conclusion. Empirical science I believe is the term you are looking for. Which also isn't science but Jesuit indoctrination by "the church." Science is a term that has been abused lately. In the mainstream it has turned into more of an occult thing than conclusions deduced by the scientific method. Politicians have used the term to their benefit, parading ideas and theories as being "settled science." Evolution for instance has no basis in science yet we are told over and over that it does. No one has ever been able to show empirical evidence of evolution and yet its accepted by the masses. The term science has been very lucrative from television to lobbyist to corporate trends. However it has all been beliefs which makes it very hypocritical for someone to say something like, "I don't believe in relgion(God or whatever other term you want to attach) I believe in Science." I do really wish I could have attended the Open Door Church for this. Very interesting. I have played with ww2fan many times in the past and he often has interesting things to say.
  16. Yes the word science has be abused lately, I agree with your statement in the passage. Yeah next time you should definitely come to the church service. I like have these kinds of talk, where everyone's opinions are excepted and everyone is respectful of them too! I love to hear and see other people's opinions, it's very interesting and cool.
    georgeashington and Gawadrolt like this.
  17. Lol don't judge I was tired :p

Anyways, basically. I know that some people are too stubborn to take what I said seriously and anyways, science does have its pros. I didn't say that it didn't. I just made visible its cons.

And I did not statistically prove that we were created, I just showed the great coincidence that would have have to occurred for us not to be.
    georgeashington likes this.
  18. Never mentioned evolution, but thank you for the lesson :p
  19. I wonder how the church thing works if you have a very small limit on what you can post in chat in MC. Do you just start a new message after pretty much every sentence?