[Chat] SMP6 PVP Channel

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Baradar67, Nov 28, 2014.

?

Do you want a PVP chat channel?

Yes 5 vote(s) 41.7%
No 7 vote(s) 58.3%
  1. Hi all.

As a denizen of smp6 we can sometimes get bombarded by pvp chat. The excitment levels go up and the common sense goes down.

I suggest that anyone entering the PVP area is automatically moved into a new /c pvp channel or they are moved into /c r. A message would be generated to tell them of the change and when they leave another message would tell them how to switch back to town.

I prefer the new channel idea as we can then use /chat show/hide to decide when we want it even if we are not in pvp whereas the res or lcoal channel would not work in this way.

I have noticed that a number of new players come straight to pvp, this could help them learn about appropriate channel use early on.

I urge anyone spending time in SMP6 town or coming to smp6 for pvp to respond to the poll.

Thanks
  2. Not to be rude, but I find PvP chat amusing, and local and res chats are options as well... I don't think it's worth the time when EMC isn't running 1.8 or DT's...
  3. I really like this idea... would be really helpful when I get annoyed that I see people talking to other people in res chat... it's like they're talking to nobody else! >:u
  4. Just politely ask them to move into res chat. I strongly think that this will be more of an annoyance than a solution.
    Bro_im_infinite and PenguinDJ like this.
  5. This. However, another option would be to automatically set players to res chat when they entered the PvP arenas, with a message in chat notifying them. I don't think there needs to be a whole separate channel for it.
  6. From my years of Call of Duty experience, PvP chat would probably end up being the "go-to" spot for players to insult other player's skills, rage, and be mean to eachother. I feel like Res Local chat is a much better solution than an entirely new chat channel.