Charity For New players on EMC

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by wipple4, Jun 21, 2012.

?

Is this a good idea?

Yes 10 vote(s) 41.7%
No 14 vote(s) 58.3%
  1. LOL i needed to tell my oppinion first :p I am going right now.
    PThagaard likes this.
  2. there just to lazy to venture out further past spawn to gather the untouched glowstone deposits
  3. I hope that was a joke.
    AlexChance likes this.
  4. :p
  5. Absolutely, so many people complain that Leo and I "own" the SMP2 economy. But it takes a lot of work to get to that position. Anyways, that's another story.
    PThagaard likes this.
  6. Mine is slightly diffrent to yours. :)
  7. Yeah me too
  8. ok next time i make a gambling thing ill get a mod
  9. I have an idea. How about we let them acquire their money and belongings the way we did. Kids these days think everything should be handed to them. They can go punch trees. I did it, most of us did. That's my two-cents.
  10. My charity is by offering interested players the means to get the things they want themselves. I have given players used/ mostly worn out armor and weapons and some food and taken them into the wild to find a cave. Once they see how it's done, they often become productive members of the community. I try to consider that not everyone can type well and some of our members are very young. I don't see this as charity as much as just being friendly. Just showing someone how to make a water source or a chest at their res so they don't loose everything when they die in the wild are good ice breakers.

I think a lot of new players spend that first 1500r at the empire store (making poor selections i bet). Then they wander into the wild only to be killed in the first 5 min and drop all that stuff and come back to town with their tail between their legs, with nothing and no way/ idea what to do next. This is when someone needs to step in and show them the ropes or they will become beggers or just give up. There should be a system to introduce new players to sponsors who are willing to show them what to buy and how to do fun/ useful things. This might take some of the fun/ adventure away for some new players, but think it would at least be a nice option.

If we all do what we can, the community will continue to grow.

"But i really neeeeeeeed glowstone, but i only have 3r" :confused: