Camp Felis Pardalis (Volt Citizen)

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by Envie42, Apr 20, 2014.

1. good luck except:
    Any inquiries or expeditions into the jungle region here should be addressed to me and a guide will be arranged.
    anyone may pass through as long as they dont harm anything no guide is needed
  2. Yea, this thread is fine. There is no rule exactly about an outpost only having 1 active thread. There is a general forum rule about not spamming forums with multiple threads on the same thing. :) But this thread pertains more to a particular project within your community, and is fine to stay.

On a side note: Please keep posts on topic in this thread. Any personal posts about other topics can be taken to convo, or posted in the correct thread. :) We don't want any excessive drama causing this thread to be locked. :)

Looks like a cool project Envie :) g'luck.
    Envie42 and rock00888 like this.
  3. Thanks Scruffy. I've been carefully avoiding responses that might lead to drama from other issues and trying to keep the conversation focused on the project which I created entirely for fun - there was no agenda for border politics. :)

@bitmenow15 : Sorry I think you misunderstood my tone with the line you quoted. That was a failed attempt at story roleplay for the theme of my build and was not intended to imply no one was welcome to visit. It was more along the lines of "This is a protected wildlife preserve and a dangerous area - a tribal guide will be provided to help you traverse the wild land..." - ahh, the art of roleplay has often died in games nowadays. ;)

In fact I'd love visitors to the camp. Volt needs more citizens. I should have said "Contact me or rock00888 if you want to join the jungle area and build with or near the camp."
    NZScruffy likes this.
  4. "This jungle has many dangers, and many more wonders. Though you may travel through it at your risk, it is strongly advised to request a guide. Our guides are very knowledgeable of the area, and can assist you in getting to your destination without getting lost, and with minimal damage to the natural habitats, and even point out some of the hidden wonders and native creatures of the area. Have you seen the peculiar double jungle tree? Found nowhere else in the Empire, a freak of nature."
    rock00888 and Envie42 like this.
  5. *clap clap* Well done! :)

Actually, I've got it on my bucket list to create a tourist guide for the jungle. I've discovered two points of interest so far - one being a (player made) tomb for a deceased character I discovered and a nearby abandoned cabin in a cove. I have wondered if perhaps the grave site wasn't the previous inhabitant - an old hermit perhaps? ;)

One of the things I love about the frontier are the strange things you encounter as you travel around. Long forgotten pieces of construction sites (ruins) or curious bits of artwork, signs and graves left by players.
    rock00888 and NZScruffy like this.
  6. Envie,feel free to use the old hole as a tourist site.
    Sorry about that incident.
    I'll come round later with some presents to make up for it.
    Envie42 likes this.
  7. Camp Felis Map Resized.jpg

Construction Progress update on Camp:

(Screenshots of Camp to come!)
    • rock00888 helped construct a natural gravel path from the highway/railway interchange leading along the water's edge.
    • Stripped / clear cut islands are being replanted with jungle seedlings and sugarcane
    • New, well lit wood bridges now extend through most of the islands. Last leg connecting mainland in the works.

Volt outskirts are directly southeast of the intersection highlighted. Camp Felis and the Jungle Preserve are officially citizens of Volt.

Volt needs more citizens! Contact me or rock00888 if you would like to join the city or nature preserve project!
  8. Well,I suppose I will congratulate you.
    Well done on being one of the first Scientific Establishments in the Wild,and good luck...
    Envie42 likes this.
  9. Thanks. Apology accepted. Good luck with your own building projects.
  10. You dont have a volt on smp2 ?
  11. Volt City State is on smp9 - which is easy to transfer to if you wanted to visit or see the other cities in the Eastern Wilds Territories (there are quite a few cities all together in one area).

I had to learn about how server transferring works. Ingame you type /server smp9 and it transfers a copy of your character (minus any items) to that server. You can use your /vault to transfer items from one to the other. So if you currently reside on smp2 you could put items in your vault and transfer to smp9 and have those items so long as you access the vault in town.

Also - anyone interested in joining Volt (this camp is a sub-plot attached to Volt outskirts) should go to this thread to post intentions of joining: http://empireminecraft.com/threads/nation-of-volt.28526/
  12. I do already crosserver jumping. my home is on smp5. so can only fill the vault there. my wilderness is on smp2.
    someday i need to jump to smp9 :)
    Envie42 likes this.
  13. You can access your vault (for a rupee service fee) from any server so long as you're in town. My home res is on smp2 and I transferred most everything via vault to smp9 before I headed out to Volt territory. I can still log back onto smp2 and be back in town if I want to do things there. Took me some time to figure it out but now it makes sense and works great for moving around. If I want to 'shop' I can just go back to smp2 to do that and transfer stuff via vault - but then on smp9 I can't access the vault unless I go back to the wilderness spawn... which for the Eastern Wilderness Territories is just a short nether railway trip back - easy!
  14. Nether rail should be improved soon...
  15. I go take a look when ready in the nether. but its maby longer and cost more.
    but why not a railtrack in wilderness ? nether is so dark. and triple dangerous :O
  16. Please use this forum exclusively for this project. The nether rail is not part of this camp.
  17. Yeah we're getting a little off topic with discussing wilderness travel and the nether rail in general. VoxelRay your other thread about the Frontier and travel would be a good place to discuss the nether rail system! I'll post in that thread to you. :) This thread is for discussing Camp Felis jungle preservation project.
  18. Because,that would cause too many problems,because of Mining in areas...
  19. Anyway,let's stop talking about Nether Rails and stuff.
    If the camp needs any spare Fish I can drop them off at a location;)
  20. Just visited the camp. It's looking great!