[CAMERAS] Camcorder or DSLR? Suggestions Please!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by FDNY21, Apr 14, 2015.

1. If I get a DSLR then the current choice is a Nikon D3200. If anyone knows anything about it that I probably won't know already then drop me a comment! It looks good for entry level, it has a 24.2MP camera with 18-55mm lens, it can record 1080p video at 30 FPS and 720p video at 60 FPS. Do you guys think it will do what I want? Any tips? Thanks :)
  2. Bump so that I can get more opinions on this.

Also, I was wondering what speed SD cards you guys would recommend and what kind of lens you may recommend instead of the standard one for car recording? Or do you think the standard would be fine?
  3. Need opinions on zoom lenses, any help is appreciated! :) What do you think would suit my needs?
  4. Using the DSLR tomorrow. Hopefully it feels good to use, if so then we can think about getting the Nikon! Still need opinions on the lenses?
  5. Thanks to everyone for all of the advice, I've gone for the Nikon D3200 with 18-55mm lens and bought a Tampron 70-300mm lens with it, the pictures are looking great and hopefully I can work on getting some better video soon! Thanks again to all!
    mba2012 likes this.
  6. I shoot film at school, and we use the Pentax brand alot. If you get the opportunity you should shoot film and develop, I highly suggest it.
    FDNY21 likes this.