Buildmode Ideas

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by IM4, Apr 24, 2019.

?

Do you believe this is becoming a priority on EMC servers?

YES, NO, NOT SURE, DEBATABLE 6 vote(s) 66.7%
Please MAKE "YES" Unanimous 7 vote(s) 77.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. There are several ideas about improving the /buildmode mechanic that are good.
    * Having a visual icon on screen to indicate the condition of buildmode; on (green)/off (red)
    * Having a visual way to see the blocks you have placed while having buildmode on.

AND what is currently available with buildmode
    I like the idea of being able to ID who owns a protected block.

Adding a buildmode policy
    All to often a player or group of players are no longer playing and can not be contacted to remove, adjust or improve on what they started. There is getting to be to many of these abandoned protected block builds in curtain areas especially around outpost spawn pad areas.
    Sure, you can have a staff remove some small blocks but what about large builds that need completions, adjustments, improvements or even removal?
    I'd like to see a policy enacted to have players agree to have a contact available to get permission for any altercations to their protected blocks on the EMC servers. And if they do not agree to submit, can not be contacted or do not reply within a time period (maybe 2 months) then all their protection should be removed or transferred to another player if they stop playing.
    I have had to work around several rail builds that were built by derelict players. It would be nice in some cases to take over or be able to improve and alter these builds as I have done but their build is still in the way or restricting in some way. LETS GET THIS DONE !!!

PS Sorry, I did not see how to make the poll correctly
  2. Haha, the poll. xD
  3. Eh, I do like the first idea. But that could add lag with so many visuals (depending on how big and small it is). There is a indicator that tells you if build mode is on and constant reminders? The second idea is effy. It would be nice to have it but frontier has alot of builds that are precious to players even if they do do derelict. It seems like you shouldn't be building near an old base anyways, even if its dead. For example, cyber, he got into some trouble but he made alot of awesome builds but banned. Would those builds be taken down bc someone wants to build there. To many "What ifs" imo. Or maybe I misread everything and I was talking for nothing lol
  4. I guess you did not read my comment
  5. I am in a group now that is rebuilding, repairing and enhancing many places that were left by players not currently playing and were in disrepair from players damaging the structures. We are getting staff permission to make improvements and do the repair work.
    It is to bad derelict players can not be contacted to give permission to have their build completed, repaired or improved.
    Ariesis likes this.
  6. You guessed wrong! ;) Don't you agree that it is quite funny? The cherry to the cake is that you can select both options. :p
  7. Like the idea for 2 protection but how would you combat greefers