[BUG] Can't break some blocks with enchanted pickaxe

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by AlexC__, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Anybody know if this is fixed in 1.4.7?
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  2. It only happens when you use a tool for something other than what it was intended for.

For example, you can use an efficiency pick on dirt. If you do this, your client shows the dirt has been mined, but you won't be able to stand where your client shows there is empty spce because the server still thinks there are blocks there.

So an efficiency pick should work fine on obsidian. On the other hand, if you tried to use an efficiency axe on it, you would have a problem.

I was experimenting earlier and found that if I disabled Minecraft Forge, the problem disappeared. I don't care to live without the mods I'm using that depend on Forge so I'm hoping that Aikar can fix this on the server side.

If anyone is using Forge and are doing something where they need this fixed now, they may want to try disabling it until we can get a fix.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  3. you mean 1.5.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  4. I hope it gets fixed in the latest Forge build then as I depend on it quite a lot right now. But I hope Aikar can fix it. Can you Aikar?
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  5. Also, yes I can confirm that it is forge, not vanilla :)
    Equinox_Boss and _Stads_ like this.
  6. Oh darn :/ I am dependent on Forge... They really need to fix this ;)
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  7. Indeed
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  8. I was having this problem too. D:
  9. Are you a Forge user?
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  10. Lets say thanks to Equinox_Boss for the likes :D?
    Thank you :D
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  11. No, I was most likely dealing with lag.
  12. Your welcome <3 ;)
    nfell2009 likes this.
  13. Ahh, perhaps this issue is more vanilla although Forge provokes the issue?
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  14. Yes, i would say it to be more a vanilla issue because i don't have forge.
    adsingh and _Stads_ like this.
  15. Hmm... weird.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  16. I'm gonna go ahead and guess that this is only a problem with transparent blocks like glass, glass panes, glowstone, because all of the problems related to this are based on transparent blocks.
    _Stads_ and Equinox_Boss like this.
  17. Yep your right, this isn't happening with other blocks such as dirt... Well that I know of...
  18. Watch the video, it's also broken with dirt. :) However I could use a spade to break the glowstone, glass. Or an axe. Just not the pickaxe
  19. Oh okay, nice I have like a double chest of iron axes with silk touch... Now I can get glowstone ^_^