[Bring Back] Afk Kicks

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Biscuitboy, Jul 6, 2012.

1. If you are sitting at your grinder and following rules like no more than 125 mobs, You shouldn't be afking for 30 minutes anyways.

I think this would be cool if Justin implemented it sometime in the future. It would help a lot with natural spawns. So ya good idea Biscuit!:)
  2. no, i don't think they were - it'll be hard to determine who's AFK with code though. i mean.. technically it's 'guessing' who might be AFK, whether he or she on an AFKoaster or not. I think natural kicks would be a better idea, where you see the person just standing there for a while or just riding an AFKoaster - so someones grinding doesn't get fudged up.
  3. AFK coasters are banned. My suggestion is once 200 mobs are in one chunk a player in the same chunk has 10 minutes to kill them. If not they are temporarily banned for 1 minutes(enough time to let mobs despawn)
    Manglex likes this.
  4. Yeah, and we removed them when found, still had to find them first though. :)
  5. It can be a bit hard to tell when you reach 200 mobs though. I kill mine about every 5-7 minutes, So I dont think I ever get that far. But still, perhaps a warning? And what about people just crossing through them? These people could be temp banned too. And I am assuming there is a way to tell Hostile Mobs from Peaceful mobs, so people with farms wouldnt be kicked. XD
  6. So the mob cap is 150 I been letting them build up to 250 whoops :(
  7. When using a Spawner grinder there is no cap for YOU, but it affects natural spawning such as slime farms and big above ground spawners. So if you kill more often the spawning rate for others is better thus making AFK kicks better because it helps those that don't have a Spawner grinder.
  8. You aren't supposed to let them get past 150.
  9. I know it happens by accident sometimes, but don't set your kill number at 200.
    Manglex likes this.
  10. What are AFK Coasters anyway?
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  11. basically a railcart that takes you around in a circle while you wait for mobs to build up so you dont get kicked while AFK
  12. Oh... ok. Yeah thats unfair good thing its removed.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  13. I'm in favor of an idle-kick/responsible grinder use, but what kind of effect would this limiting code have on multiple grinders in the same relative 'player' area. For instance, the area I usually grind at has a double zombie spawner, a double spider spawner and two independent skeleton spawners all within about a 80 block radius, if someone was at each of them, what would the limits look like?

Anyways, once 1.3 hits, I'll probably switch more to mining for exp if it doesn't give terrible results.
    IamSaj likes this.

14. I've notified Justinguy of this thread and asked him if he could take some form of action. Hopefully he'll see this thread :)
    PenguinDJ, Charip, Manglex and 3 others like this.
  15. I agree, I semi afk my grinder, but I am at the PC and go back to it every 5 minutes,
  16. how about a new town command /afk
    so you wont get kicked in TOWN
  17. You got bunches of likes....
    And yea, totally bring this back.
  18. 20 or so and counting.
  19. We've got a solution for the mob spawn issues, so honestly this isnt needed...

If a player AFK's at a grinder, they wont gain anything. they will be forced to act or they lose effeciency, and if server is full, they will get kicked.

Players with serious spawner setups like this will be alot more active and will be forced to kill monsters every 5 minutes or you will start to lose effeciency.

Now your situation, you may "share" some of the same mobs to your count, but if they are spaced out, 1 wont completely destroy the other.