Braces

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by rykly18, Jul 13, 2017.

?

Have you had braces?

Yes 8 vote(s) 72.7%
No 2 vote(s) 18.2%
No but a family member/friend has 1 vote(s) 9.1%
  1. Hey EMC so for the first time in my life, I had to get braces and I just got them on today and since I'm the first one in my family to have braces, I'm kinda new to this so I'm making this thread for some tips and tricks from any of you who have had braces before. Are there any ways to help with eating you've noticed or just getting used to them tricks? Thanks everyone!
    ShelLuser and FadedMartian like this.
  2. I was the worst when I had braces, lol. I didn't follow any of my dentist's "rules".

I will always love my gum and popcorn and soda <3
    ILTG, Gordan_the_Gourd and Gilixnup like this.
  3. It will hurt every time you get them ajusted / tightened . but personally I have gotten used to that in like 1-2 weeks. that might seem like a long time but it's really not. Also your front teeth will probably hurt A LOT, so try to use your back teeth for a lot of the eating, but I can't help you will food getting stuck in them I've gotten used to that.
    Ryan_A_ and FadedMartian like this.
  4. I had braces for like 5 times longer than they said I was going to have. Definitely not the most fun experience but eventually you forget about them being there. Most of the things they tell you to not eat dont really do too much tbh. Just make sure you brush your teeth well and make sure you get all the crap off the brackets.
    Ryan_A_ and FadedMartian like this.
  5. Oh don't eat ice, I know a lot of people don't but still, it will really easily break the brakets