Boss Tracker

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Byron_Killer, Feb 10, 2018.

1. Suggestion:
    An enchanted compass that points to the location of the closest boss in the wild or wasteland.
    Players can buy it using tokens.
    q1zx, Ethy202 and Sachrock like this.
  2. +1. However, if no cap was made, a player could follow it for hours with no product and think “This thing is broken! I’ve been following it for ages and there’s still no boss,” then they’d start disregarding it (as by this point they would have followed it fruitlessly already). It would be a terrible fate for a promo item as useful as this to be disregarded by players who don’t know how it works. Therefore a cap to how far it detects bosses would be necessary for this to work.
  3. +1 Could there possibly be a way to show you if it was Marlix? I mean, she's the hardest boss I've gone against to this day, that flying skeleton that shoots faster than you can aim at her...
    ItsMeWolffpack and Ethy202 like this.
  4. +1 but some cap would have to be made and a rightclick would be required to activate it for a small amount of time, then it’s temporarily a useless enchanted iron item.

And if no boss is in the world, there could also be boss bait that would increase boss spawns and make it possible to summon them in daylight.
    586 likes this.
  5. Maybe just have an option to set the regular compass? There's already a compass so it would be easier. :p But that's besides the point, sort of...

Also.
    I do think that tokens should be more useful but I also think that everyone should have this---It would be a pretty cool option, and I can see many using it, however, if it's restricted people would just have to follow someone who has it, and it's just one of those options that I feel everyone should have because it's useful and in reality just information.
  6. -1 on this as boss raids are suppose to be by chance. Besides what happens in the event that the compass leads you to a boss that is being attacked by a player that wants to kill it on their own.

Maybe a implementation in the action bar like special event mobs... You feel Shaking 7 chunks away, or You hear earie clinks in the sky 4 chunks away. Not some whole new compass mechanics.
    q1zx likes this.
  7. +1 But make it a rare one drop use from a boss
  8. -1 I capture bosses and make little zoos for them at my wildbase, dont need u lil scrats running around my wildbase. just hang around the waste/wild long enough and one will pop up
  9. uhm sure, but i would say that people who cause the spawn, then they would recieve the tracker for free.

This would avoid problems like this:
    Also.
    If you want to give tokens a use, then in chat it could say: Do you want a tracker for this boss? and if you click yes, then it charges the amount of tokens
  10. I'd have to go -1 on this. I think it would make the whole thing much too easy.

If you want to find bosses just go out into the wild (waste/frontier), wait a while and one will spawn for you. Every player gets at least one spawn every 24hrs (if I recall correctly). The only thing which will be a chance of luck would be getting Momo or Marlix.

My gripe with this is what if I'm out on a waste base, I spawned a momentus but I'm not ready yet to fight it. So I use: /loc + f2 (to capture the location), then I go back to my base and prepare.

In the mean time someone goes into the waste area, uses this compass and that leads them right to "my" momentus. Not sure I'd like that. I could respect it when players stumble upon it while being out mining or doing other stuff, but not when someone "just" swoops in and claims "my" spawn (for the record: I'm usually pretty far out in the waste, 500+ blocks at least).
  11. I definitely see some problems with this, but if the purpose is to allow players to find mini-bosses more easily, then some boss bait would be the best option (above)

For more on boss bait, it could cost anywhere from 50-500 tokens depending on duration. I’m thinking maybe it would be mob bait instead, where any hostiles can spawn where it would survive (under a tree, in a small opening, etc) and enraged and minibosses have higher spawn rates for that player (for a time).

Duration should be no more than a half hour.
  12. In the off-chance that mob bait is implemented, I see no way that it could be this cheap. 50-500 tokens is extremely easy to get, especially for people who have been saving tokens for years.
  13. -1 I feel like the point of mini-bosses is to find them. Shortcutting the process would lose the fun and value of items being gained.
    Velma_T_Jinkies likes this.
  14. I’m unsure how many tokens is a lot... no more than an avalauncher for sure. Maybe 2k-5k? It could be 100k for all we know.
  15. -1 A lot of the fun of bosses is tracking them down. It's frustrating too, don't get me wrong, but once I find the boss, it's "do the same thing over and over till its dead," the worst offender being the Super Turkey. At least with Momentus and Marlix, you don't have to literally dig around to find em.
  16. I find that Marlix is also pretty hard, as his spawns are insane, so I fly around him, swooping and hitting him once or twice.
    I just use voters gear on Momentus with a bed nearby.