[BOOK EVENT] Share Your Scares 2019

Discussion in 'Empire Events' started by Krysyy, Oct 7, 2019.

1. CLAIM YOUR BOOK BUNDLE NOW WITH /promo scare19

We ran this pretty well in 2015 and 2017. Figured it was an odd year and we needed to continue the pattern! :p

Participants will write a scary story in a Minecraft book (meaning using a book and quill). Then, you will sign your book and submit it at the designated area. Deadline: Oct 28th. On the 31st of October and using /promo, we will distribute the books all over the Empire to those that want to read them.

How will you get the books?
    When you type /promo scare19 on October 31st, you'll have the selection of a chest full of books to claim. The chest will auto-open, so there will be no left-over promo behind, just the amazing stories to read. Each bundle chest can hold up to a single chest of books, but we will create as many as necessary so that everyone gets every book to read!

How do you participate in sharing?
    Write a scary story in a book (or 20) and SUBMIT IT TO THE DESIGNATED AREA. If this gets full, please let Krysyy or SS know. There is room for everyone.

All books will be screened for language, etc so don't try any funny business please. Keep in mind that players of all ages may see these books, so keep them scary, but not gory. Also, try to refrain from posting things that you find on the internet. We'd like for these to be writings from our players, not random internet postings please.

Let's share some scares!

Remember these are NOT promo items and are only being made available with the promo system to ease distribution.
    Hashhog, CarFryer, Storm_ily and 13 others like this.
  2. maybe il remember to do it this time :rolleyes:
    Raaynn and luckycordel like this.
  3. Hot dog, count me in!
    Raaynn, luckycordel and AncientTower like this.
  4. Time for those scares to shine
    Raaynn, KatydidBuild and luckycordel like this.
  5. Can't wait to read some stories! Get my fear on!:D
    Raaynn likes this.
  6. Ooooh boy! It's time for me to scare y'all silly
    Raaynn, KatydidBuild and luckycordel like this.
  7. Fantastic! Cant wait to enjoy this years submissions :)
    KatydidBuild and luckycordel like this.
  8. Finished my story! Prepare for the best twist you'll ever see!
    Raaynn, luckycordel and Stnywitness like this.
  9. Arrrr! I too done set me quill to paper to tell tale of an historic Ol' Buccaneer...

Shiver me timbers!
  10. Drop off location announced:
    /v 3002 on smp2
    KatydidBuild, SkeleTin007 and Raaynn like this.
  11. Sweet thanks :)
    Raaynn likes this.
  12. The deadline is fast approaching. Get your stories in!
    Raaynn likes this.
  13. nice promo
    Raaynn likes this.
  14. I just dropped off a book but there is a sign that says submissions closed. Am I too late?
    Raaynn likes this.
  15. I dropped mine in earlier so I think its from last Share Your Scares
    Raaynn, Hashhog and Tbird1128 like this.
  16. It is not too late! The deadline is in a couple days on October 28th. That sign is likely old as SkeleTin said; I'll remove it real quick. :)
    Raaynn, Tbird1128 and SkeleTin007 like this.
  17. I could have sworn I removed that sign. I was on my laptop with terrible signal though...

Thanks hash!
    Raaynn and SkeleTin007 like this.
  18. #LastMinuteSubmissions! ;)
    Raaynn likes this.
  19. I just shared a scare.. 4 pages of blood boiling, goosebump riding, flesh eating zombie fun.. Or a lame tale about a rubber duck that can't swim..
    Raaynn likes this.