Birds in 1.8 Vanilla Minecraft, no texture-packs, just redstone

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by Admiral_D_929, Nov 11, 2014.

?

Should this be added to a 1.8 EMC (when ever this comes out)

Yes, all of it 1 vote(s) 11.1%
No: no custom recipes and flying machine 0 vote(s) 0.0%
No: no flying machine, but have custom recipies 1 vote(s) 11.1%
No: No birds what so ever 7 vote(s) 77.8%
  1. I was watching my favorite You-tuber Captainsparklez when saw this as a pop up video,

This is the original video done by Onnowhere, and lets face it, this is awesome!!! Birds in Minecraft no mod, just redstone.... I don't even believe AntVenom could have done better.

This would be so amazing for EMC, not only would we be the best eco-server soon to become part mini-game server, but also have this amazing Birds! Who wouldn't want to be a part of this community???

Now I completely understand if there are some changes made with the armor and flying machine, but still this would be sweet!!!!

Aikar, I'm not sure if this is true, but I heard somewhere that you don't like using command blocks. If it is true, can you please make an exception for the at least the birds parts of this, and forget about the armor and flying machine? Think of how cool this would be for the Empire. Not to mention, this could spark some amazingly cool pets with a players own head.
  2. The problem with this is lag. Redstone isn't exactly resource light. Take a look at all of the redstone things that have to be taken down because they caused too much lag. Now imagine something like that except spreading its wave of influence to many players at a time.
    607, jkjkjk182 and hashhog3000 like this.
  3. Very cool video. However, as jkrmnj, this could cause an incredible amount of lag. Another thing is that EMC claims to be "French Vanilla," and I think that the birds stray a little too far from that. Sure, it's still Vanilla, but it's not Vanilla at the same time, if you know what I mean. :p
    tuqueque likes this.
  4. If they could manage to cut down the lag on these, they would be a great addition to EMC. :)
  5. Nope nope nope nope nope. We may be getting a games world, but we are not becoming a mini-game server in any we. The only way that would happen is if we severely lowered our quality, and also greatly upped donation prices while including lame perks.
    607, hashhog3000 and Kephras like this.
  6. EMC is making a separate mini-game server. I have been on it. Well at least PVP survival server.
  7. Anyways, I don't think this should be added. They sound really annoying and are probably really laggy.
  8. The games server? Yeah that is not a mini-game server, it is just games server. Mini-game servers are hunger games, prison, stuff like that.
    607 likes this.
  9. Wow, that's amazing! Really cool, thank you.