Big Chat Changes

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by JustinGuy, Jan 2, 2012.

1. Ok so, how do you leave a private conversation... -.-
  2. "/tell" without any thing after
  3. /ch t (change back to town or /ch s etc)

As far as the cross-server private chat that is on my list of future updates but it was too big of a feature to fit in the scope of this release.
  4. Will you still hear global chat in protected zone? Just curious, as I don't see any positive or negative affect about it, besides being able to tell people in the wild of they are near zone if being chased by a creeper or something.
  5. In the safe zone it is still local, but 100 blocks is about as far as you can see another player.
  6. Ok, thanks.
    Ok.
    :p
  7. Has it gotten that bad?!

Awww, it's ok, just pm yo friends and have some chit-chat. No system's ever perfect, but I think this is far more economic as far as server and chat load.

If anyone has suggestions about how to make this system work better, then post away! That's what this forum's for!
  8. You can also just type (example: /tell lolkold) and it will start a conversation so you just press t, or whatever you have it set too, (i have y cause I'm used to counter strike, lol.) and what you write will be sent to, (well after the example, me. :p)
  9. Nice! While I understand why some people won't be fans of the general -> town chat change, this will be nice on SMP4 at least, as it will cut down on the people getting lost in the wilderness and begging in general for help.

Perhaps the spam filter can be expanded to be a bit more aggressive if someone spams the same phrase repeatedly.
  10. I don't like that the chat goes away in the wild. i feel my there than so alone, if i cann't read the chat and write anythink. If you will be alone in the wild, you can make the chat off. so i think, it is superfluous.
    Lukas_3226 likes this.
  11. How about an auto-warn/kick for excessive caps? Its the #1 thing i see people kicked for and I'm guessing it bores mods no end...
  12. Maybe a buyable temporary perk?
    Like this
    -Long-range transmitter (omni-directional. So u chat to everyone)
    Enable to chat back to town from wild
    500r - 1 day
    2500r 1 week
    8000r 1 month

Like when u pay for your broadband. u get internet access to chat and play with others far away
    If u don't have internet. Then it's local (Speaking to people around. And people can hear you shout up to 100 meters)

And for cross server chat. how about putting a free chatbox service on a free web-hosting site. So it dont put a load on your server. (example is the "XAT")
  13. LOVE LOVE LOVE The New Chat :)
  14. i love the new chat also, helps alot. i wish we could have kept global chat though, meh, he cant please everyone :)