Banned... Will I Be Able To Come Back?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Nathonathan, Oct 8, 2011.

?

Should Stealing In The Wasteland/ Wilderness Be A Banable Offence?

Poll closed Oct 15, 2011.
Yes 8 vote(s) 44.4%
No 9 vote(s) 50.0%
I Don't Really Care 1 vote(s) 5.6%
  1. you were full and just griefed it for the lols to let the materials despawn.....how dumb! and very disrespectful i agree with autonamus
  2. but three do? lol
  3. I'm really surprised to see that so many people don't mind being stolen from.

...seems that 50% of us or so are ok with having our stuff taken. Wow!
  4. oh getting stolen from bothers me if you ask i MAY give but more NO begging for it then it is a NO...if you steal from me i RAGE!!!!!!..my solution is shorter expeditions into the wasteland(until my inventory gets filled)
  5. The funny thing is if he just would have asked almost any one that I know in server for Items they most likely would have given him those items for free or at leased help him find his own. But my guess is that he didn’t really want the items he just wanted spoil someone else’s fun for some reason.
  6. kk, cya

Nathonathan
  7. The fact that he did it is enough, destroying and taking someones stuff is horrible, i beleive you should get banned for it, but only a temporary ban, and opening up his lot for one day whats that gonna do, sure everything would probably be destroyed but he can rebuild that slowly but with no chance of it being destroyed again as if it were in the wilderness/wasteland. I feel that we all should enforce that nobodys griefs, i mean ive even stolen before but i tried to pay liz back for that:(, i know its wrong, everyone knows its wrong yet we still do it. By stealing stuff and destroying other peoples creations, the only thing thats happening is hurting relationships, and giving you bad outlooks on stuff, if you do it maybe you'll feel bad enough to not do it again or maybe you might not, thats how some people are but i think it all needs to stop.
    fluffinator09 and JustinGuy like this.
  8. I think you misunderstand the vote, Dark_Liz. It's not so much that almost 50% of us are okay with having our stuff stolen; it's more accurate to state that we don't think that stealing should be a bannable offense the first strike around. (At least, that's what I think...)

Yes, what Nathonathan did was extreme and should be dealt with accordingly; but that doesn't mean that anyone who steals is just as bad. I speak from experience when I say that's how a lot of survival servers roll. Steal or be stolen from. Most people who do so the first time around on our server may have just missed the clue or is fighting an old habit. We as a community should work together to help such a player so that we can make their experience (as well as everyone else's) better in the end.

Personally, I think a two strike system would work out well enough. Make a strong and harsh enough of a warning - a kick from the server possibly - as to the consequences of one's actions when they steal, and try to help them break out of the habit (should they even need the help, of course.). If a second offense is to be reported, a small investigation with enough evidence should result in a ban from the server; at which point said banned player may make a plead to the Admins of EMC for reinstatement.

I don't mean to rant on and on...but I hope that I got my point across.

For the Empire! And all who dwell within it!
    kevdudeman and maxy969 like this.
  9. In the discription of thw Wilderness/Wasteland, there should be a note saying that stealing is a breakable offence. I thought stealing was allowed.
  10. There are some very strong parallels with real life here aren't there?

...and yes, the rules need to be more clear.
  11. well we have clearly defined rules now thanks to Liz and Justin! so read up on them people!