Banned for "abusing the player report system".

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by MisterScizzo, Mar 3, 2012.

1. Okay. Every day people learn something new. And i though it would be valid reason, As i told him to stop for about 6 times. And he just continued annoying me.

I dont really see why I should take a break. If she/he continues annoying and she/he doesnt listen to me. And i didnt really say anything else that was really "emotional" than this: "XXXX, PLEASE stop doing that as it REALLY annoys me." If that even was emotional in anyways. And that was even the only thing i said in Town Chat, as i said everything else in Local Chat.
  2. Sometimes the mods can help us see things that we can't see on our own. I respect their judgment
  3. Yes the report system it's fine (you messed up with it, u got a 1h ban), no the ban-appeal system it's not fine.
    I mean, a moderator may ban 100000 players/day but he can't read all that on the same day, i believe this task should be added to square (something like a button here at forums *appeal a ban* that then sends a report at square, the moderator who made the ban explains couple stuff with a short line and all the other mods who are "free" can check the situation)
    Also, i believe you can't appeal a temp-ban, can you?
  4. I am kind of an 'If' person, so what if it were a 15-day ban? or is that not possible?
  5. Yeah I was just speaking for what the Modearotr might think when they read this just one of those things.

EDIT: Basically I was putting what I thought about this the wrong way I have re read my posts and have realized I put it in the wrong context (My fault :p )

Just I have seen people get banned from complaining about Kicks and the way they said it sounded bad and the moderator didn't like the way the kid was talking to him so temp-ban(Yeah Just Forget about me posts xD I really can't put down what i think it just sounds odd xD)
  6. Well, idk about anyone having a 15-day ban, the most i ever saw was a 5-day ban :p
    But yeah, it could have sence if so, but appealing a 1h ban don't have any of it ;)
  7. That's where I was in the dark I Didn't see that hidden in there I saw it as I got banned FT*...
  8. I would suggest going through and reading the Empire Guide while you are banned. You should have done this when you started, as it was recommended MANY times over. Doing so you would have learned about our chat's ignore feature. People don't always get along, and I'm sorry to say there are bigger in game problems than two people not liking each other. We get so many reports with things like: "he's annoying" or "he's dumb". These are considered abusive and can have action taken against them.

It takes time of a staff member to read each one of those reports. The less time we spend with small issues that can be resolved by a simple chat command, the easier we can get to things like actual griefing and larger problems.
  9. I know about the /ignore [player] command. But she/he wasnt spamming etc. I was making a "Air Village" with pulsater and always when i started typing something in the Chat Box he broke the one dirt below my feet. What did that i had to get all the way up. And it got REALLY annoying when he did continue it after MANY times i told him to stop.
  10. This sounds more like a miscommunication than an abuse of the report function. In the future, it might be wise to explain a bit more in your report.
    Malicaii12 likes this.
  11. I personally would consider that griefing (destroying a structure in use). Did you report them for griefing or just being annoying? And how many times did you report them? Spamming the report system is still spamming.
  12. I reported him once. And i reported him for being annoying. Now im thinking i should report him for griefing too, but i dont want to get 1h ban again for "Abusing the player report system"
  13. Reporting for griefing is a 100% legit way to use the report system.
  14. You have to send the appeal to the staff member that banned you ;)
  15. Yes, i know. I was just being sarcastic.
  16. Top Tip:

If you're getting annoyed by someone in a game, perhaps you're taking things just a tiny bit too seriously.

/ignore PLAYER NAME

and enjoy the rest of your gaming session.

Or alternatively, log off, go for a walk, breathe some fresh air, read about the tsunamis, earthquakes, murders and civil uprisings in the rest of the world and realise there are far worse things that could happen to you to make you annoyed.

My ignore list grows daily. My gaming experience improves immeasurably every time I use it.
    Malicaii12 likes this.
  17. Also, another thing we can't exactly do much with in reports is reports for "griefing". In that case, you should have documented proof and sent it to a moderator on the site. While Square is an amazing tool, it's not complete magic, haha. Things that we would need proof for, like griefing, we still need proof for.
  18. but he donever answer
  19. First, I suggest you do not continue to complain about staff here at EMC. You were banned for griefing and gloating about it. Your ban will NOT be lifted. End of discussion.
    Malicaii12 likes this.
  20. that was bad to hear :(