Bad Advertisements

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Panda_Paradise, Sep 27, 2013.

1. First, download Firefox, Chrome, or Opera. They are much safer than IE. Then, don't block ads. Whenever you click on an ad that you actually want to view, EMC gets paid. The ads aren't all that annoying, and an adblocker isn't all that helpful. Also, what antivirus are you using?

And just a heads up to everyone else, if you see an ad that you don't think is appropriate for EMC, then screen-shot it and send IcC a message. EMC can, and will, block specific ads that are deemed inappropriate.
  2. Or you could just get safari, with its awesome built in as blocker.
  3. lol yep sounds about right :p
  4. psssh you get those weird dating sites. liek onlyfarmers.com
    cddm95ace and CoDe4RiDeR like this.
  5. lol wtf bite?! your GRRRR !! xP
  6. The only thing IE is used for is to download another browser.
  7. Funny thing is that your ads are based off of your internet searches.
    :)
  8. That's strange, because I haven't even heard of half the things that pop up to me.
  9. It bases off of them, doesn't mean you've searched it :)
    It can be related in the most obscure way and be there.
  10. I find that really annoying. Because I enjoy games and visit gaming sites I see stuff like Wartune. Never in a million years would I ever click on that. I actually have an adblock because of it.
    cddm95ace likes this.
  11. IKR! That is soooo stupid. I really wanted to block that because it got so annoying! I'm downloading the adblock right now.
  12. McAffee always tells me that this site isn't safe.
    Panda_Paradise likes this.
  13. Yay! Got the adblock, and the ads are gone! Thanks guys, I really appreciate it! :D
    Slip_Stream likes this.
  14. Yes, please screenshot inappropriate ads and send to admins.

About this malware ad, did the popup happen to mention the web address for it? Typically with it blocked we won't be able to see the message, so we would need url
    Panda_Paradise and jkjkjk182 like this.
  15. Noooo, there goes some support for EMC. :(
    Panda_Paradise likes this.
  16. I got the ad block, so ads won't pop up again. My anti virus just blocked it, but I didn't really get to see where it came from. Next time if I see anything, I'll warn you guys about it, this site is too good to be ruined by infected advertisements!
  17. Adblock... getadblock.com
  18. I wouldn't recommend it if you want to support EMC and most cyber content creators.
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  19. True, I disable it on EMC, but overall, it is a good tool for big companies and popups...