Auto Chicken Cooker?

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by Hashhog, Sep 4, 2013.

1. So, I have been looking for a good automatic chicken cooker, but have been having trouble finding one that I like. If you have a design or a video that shows how to make a good cooker, please let me know! I think a lot of people would love to have one of these. Designs will probably included hoppers, dispensers, redstone, and maybe some droppers. If you are not good with redstone, please let me know about any good online tutorials you know of! Thanks to all! Here are some specifics on what I want to build:

Egg farm constantly (and automatically!) provides new chickens for the grinder
    Baby chickens are not needlessly killed until they grow up
    Fully automatic machine, except for a possible button (optional) that stops the machine for practical purposes
    Chickens are killed and cooked by the machine, preferably with lava so that fuel does not need to be provided to cook chickens
    No loot is lost
    Works for 1.6.2
    Preferably works for EMC, but if it doesn't this is ok.

Please submit anything that fits the bill! Thank you!
  2. I can work on one.What will you pay for one?
    And how long does it take for chickens to grow up?
  3. I can't think of anything that you could use to automate sorting chickens by adult or not... You could I guess potentially just accept some die on a time schedule (daylight detector) that the eggs will eventually replenish...
  4. I was going to have a piston open every MC day.
  5. Well, I have seen some designs that cause the chickens to be standing on a half slab, so that as babies that do not touch the block above which is wear lava is ejected. I will consider a price for one of these. :)
  6. I can build one like that.I just want to know if hoppers work from under half slabs.If they don't,I will need a carpet instead.(and carpet may not work.