AUCTIONS

Discussion in 'The Suggestion Box' started by IM4, Dec 1, 2021.

1. Can we get the finished Auctions removed from the Auction list once they can no longer be bid on?
    Tired of opening auctions only to find they have ended.
  2. I report mine to be closed after the auction is over. However for those that don't, I think there should be a time limit then the auction thread would auto-close.
    Merek_Shadower likes this.
  3. I think it is better that mods go through them manually, because they are more likely to notice any potential issues if they do (such as the auction winner asking why they didn't receive their item, or the auctioneer remarking that the winner hasn't paid). I'm not sure if are many cases where issues arise but none of the people concerned start a pm with staff, though. If this does not often happen and archiving auctions is a laborious process for staff, maybe automating it would be worth it—assuming this could be done without updating the forum, of course. :p
  4. Often times. The auction hosts fail to report that the auctions are completed and picked up.
    We as staff know when they end, but often don't know when the payment/pickup is completed...
    Merek_Shadower and 607 like this.
  5. Yeah, I have often wondered what happens in such a case. I've never got a pm asking about this. Or have I always been clear about this? I would be surprised. :p
  6. When they get old enough, we just move them anyway. They stay visible so it isn't the end of the world