[Auction] Chest of enchanted picks

Discussion in 'Auction Archives' started by Yamanqui, Jul 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Contents of chest

• 1 Silk Touch I, Unbreaking III Diamond Pickaxe
    • 2 Fortune III, Efficiency IV Diamond Pickaxes
    • 3 Unbreaking III, Efficiency IV Diamond Pickaxes
    • 4 Efficiency IV Diamond Pickaxes
    • 5 Unbreaking III Diamond Pickaxes
    • 6 stacks of Blaze Rods
    • 6 stacks of Slime Balls
    All pickaxes are unused

Starting Bid: 30,000

Minimum Bid Increments: 1% of last bid

Auction Ends: 48 hours after last bid

Pickup location: SMP6, residence 12435

2012-07-27_16.23.03.png
  2. That cant be added as a minimum Bid increasement. 1% can change whatsoever so I suggest like 250r...
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  3. I just re-read the auction rules and didn't find any limit to the minimum bid increment. 1% of last bid is a well defined, common knowledge number, that prevents long running auctions from entering a battle of minimum increases, for example, Leoswaste auction of a wooden pickaxe has a minimum bid increase of 1 rupee, and the last three bids are 260,000, 260,001 and 260,002. Using percentages would force bidder in long auctions to scale the bidding accordingly.

If there is a rule that I missed about the minimum bid please inform me and I will change it accordingly.
    Equinox_Boss and marknaaijer like this.
  4. 48 hours without bids. If someone bid 30,000 right now and that trend continues, there's a very good chance to get all 15 enchanted picks for only 30k.
  5. Good point. 30k
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  6. Current top bid, and only one so far :(, goes to Pab10S for 30,000 rupees.

For all the curious, the minimum bid increment is 300 ruppes for now.
    TheSpyPie likes this.
  7. I'd bid again, but I don't feel I can trust the thread to not be bumped all over the Home page. Thanks guys.
  8. Margaritte is in the lead, but still a little under 36 hours remain.

For those interested the minimum bid increment is now 303.
  9. as ik of you cant change the auction rules after you post the auction....unless you already stated the change in the beging of auction
  10. Don't let Margaritte alone with this. 30,300 is still quite cheap for 15 prime enchanted picks. Still room for bidders.
  11. That's what I bid, isn't it?
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  12. Indeed, the next possible bid would be 30,603, but you can bid more if you want, I don't mind.

A little under 24 hours for Margaritte to win this awesome chest. Each of the 15 picks were enchanted with 50 levels, made of only prime diamonds in a double mining process, first with silk touch to get the raw mineral and then with fortune to extract only the best.

And the handles were made out of jungle wood grown without any bonemeal to avoid any external contamination. You can say these are Organic picks.
    xI_LIKE_A_PIGx and chickeneer like this.
  13. You're right. I just looked at Yamanqui's post and thought that was the next low bid. So, 31k.
  14. Ok, this is ridiculous -- Yamanqui I hate it that this auction has been going on for 4 days now, and It's at least going to go on for at least another two. You can have it, Pab -- it's not about the money, it's the bumping and the never-ending parts that are making me crazy. Sometimes an auction just needs to end!
  15. Yes, I now know it was a mistake making the minimum bid increment 1%, next time I will use 10%, that will make bids more significant and decrees small bumping.

On the other hand I, as the auctioneer, really like long auctions, since they report more money, but I understand your frustration.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  16. It's tempting to have really long auctions, I know, but you have to figure that your bidders are going to get bored and start pulling their hair out eventually, too. Sorry if I came across as overly rude, Yamanqui. I should have thought more and posted less.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.