Attack on Titan: The Final Season

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by SoulPunisher, Jan 8, 2021.

1. Attack on Titan, 'Shingeki No Kyojin' ('Advance of the Giants'), is a Japanese anime currently in its fourth and final season. This is a thread for anyone cool enough to be a fan of it who wants to discuss the latest season

For those of you who don't know what it is:

100 years before the events of the story, humanity retreated behind three giant walls: Wall Maria, Wall Rose, and Wall Sina. They were retreating from titans, giant humanoid beings that devour people, but lack any form of intelligence. The story follows Eren Yeager, Mikasa Ackerman, and Armin Arlert, three children who live in Shiganshina, a small mini wall that juts out of Wall Maria; when they are ten years old, a 60 metre titan appears out of nowhere and kicks a hole in the wall protecting Shiganshina, and another - the 'armoured titan' - enters the new hole and breaks a hole in the gate of Wall Maria. After fleeing as refugees, the three children enlist in the military to take revenge on the titans - only to discover that not all as it seems regarding the history they and everyone else in the walls grew up believing.

For those of you who don't know what it is and want mild spoilers:

100 years before the events of the story, humanity retreated behind three giant walls: Wall Maria, Wall Rose, and Wall Sina. They were retreating from titans, giant humanoid beings that devour people, but lack any form of intelligence. The story follows Eren Yeager, Mikasa Ackerman, and Armin Arlert, three children who live in Shiganshina, a small mini wall that juts out of Wall Maria; when they are ten years old, a 60 metre titan appears out of nowhere and kicks a hole in the wall protecting Shiganshina, and another - the 'armoured titan' - enters the new hole and breaks a hole in the gate of Wall Maria. After fleeing as refugees, the three children enlist in the military to take revenge on the titans.

Five years later, the colossal titan appears again, this time in front of Wall Rose, and kicks a hole in the wall of the town of Trost. Eren fails to take down the colossal titan and discovers that it disappeared, and realises that it displayed intelligence when it tried to stop him from killing it. He then leads a squad of his fellow cadets during the evacuation of Trost - they are all promptly eaten by titans. Eren sacrifices himself to save Armin from being eaten - he awakes inside the titan's stomach, but before he is digested he repeats his vow to kill every last titan, and transforms into one himself.

2. My insightful commentary on the latest episode: bruh
  3. haha titan go brr

I loved Reiners face throughout all episode.
    Tuqueque and SoulPunisher like this.
  4. I don’t even like Pock and watching Eren rip his arms off in Titan form, throw him around on the floor, and then make him clamp down on the warhammer’s crystal while he begged him not to do it, made me feel so bad for him

I am in love with Pieck and her cart titan’s voice

Armin had a major glow-up lmao
    cam7051 likes this.
  5. episode 7 was fun.

Eren clearly isn't the same as before. He's out there to kill. Same with Armin he's really grown up in the time skip.

As for Pock man.... Everything went to shit thanks to him. He charged in instead of watching Zekes and Piecks back. It's basically their fault they lost. I'm certain they could've managed without that mess up. That allowed Levi and everyone else to come in and pick them one by one.

Then there went eren using him as a nutcracker to get warhammer.
  6. I love AOT, but haven't seen the latest episodes. I don't think I've seen all of the last season....
    I want to get back to it eventually! It's the first anime I'd watched, and that's how I got into anime.
    Then, after AoT, I started watching Ouran High School Host Club, then, Death Note, and so forth.
  7. This is the series in short:

Revenge! Oh no I'm a giant mutant canible myself.

Bitter Tears, drama

Revenge!