ARK: Survival Evolved

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by AverageWalrus, Dec 6, 2016.

1. Lol, Ark is a pretty addictive game. I got the game around the time Dire Wolves were added and I've been playing it ever since. Also I feel bad for all of you guys who play on official servers xD

I generally like having my ark rates between 10x-20x so that its not too boring or too easy. Though if your like me and have played the game for over 1k hours, you'll know the single most aggravating mechanic programmed in the game.
    fluffinator09 likes this.
  2. That's actually not a good card. The version reads as <9><50>, where 9 is the "Architecture" and "50" is the power out of 100 (there isn't a 100)

80 cards are your typical high end card, with 90's being the extreme enthusiast cards ($1000).

A 950 is beat even by 760 card, check the relative performance here: https://www.techpowerup.com/gpudb/2747/geforce-gtx-950

50's are budget cards meant to play games on very low settings on older games, barely meant for gaming.
    70's are your typical 'i want a good gaming card but not willing to spend to get the best card'
    60's are the "Can't afford as much, but want just a bit better"

anything under 50 isn't even meant for games.

ARK's graphics do look bad on very low, but go up tremendously with better settings and look pretty stunning.
    I would suggest as an xmas present, ask for a 1070 :p That would keep you good for a few years.
  3. 10-20x is pretty high :confused:

I'd say 5x is where i'd stop. Then again im used to the grind of official servers. Hell im even doing the 4 day Rex breed right now lol. Though the permanent change to x2 with the occasional x3 weekend does help a lot. It feels weird to not ever have to tame a Quetz for 6 hours again haha
  4. Lol, servers like those are ok. I guess the reason why I prefer 10x is because I had to deal with school. Also, rates like those are almost essential when breeding creatures.
  5. x1 breeding isn't too bad, especially when you can incubate eggs, then fridge right before they hatch so you can say, get an egg ready earlier in a day. The mammals though are a problem. Had to give up ona chalico and beaver breed this weekend as I had to leave right before they both gave birth :/