ARK: Survival Evolved

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by AverageWalrus, Dec 6, 2016.

1. So, Ark has pretty much become my "main" game now, and I love this game to bits. Hey, its grindy, buggy, some things aren't the best, but its a fun game to play.

So, I guess this is a place for peeps to talk about ark.

Soo, to just ask a more general question to get the thread started, what servers do you guys play on? Official? Unofficial? Singleplayer?

Im on official myself, its a pain but its better than those balls to the wall x25 everything servers where it doesn't matter if and what you lose haha
  2. I have a general question.

What's ARK? What do you do? How do you play? Is it free? :p
  3. Basically, Nubbert, you're a guy, you're thrown on an island full of dinosaurs and other extinct creatures (Has to do with aliens), You can go many routes, but the general gist of it is Dino taming, building, survival, and if you want to, PvP, no, its not free (30 bucks I think) But it goes on sale very regularly, along with the Expansion Pack Scorched Earth (Which has more fantasy creatures like Wyverns, Death Worms, Giant Rock Golems, giant lizards, giant moths, etc Along with a desert setting for the map, with different challenges)
  4. Isn't there already a official thread for this?
  5. Well, ones a thread for the pretty much dead EMC server, and the other was last replied to in August :p
  6. bump. Ark's official servers recently got permanent x2 rates with x3 weekends, a step in the right direction I'd say. Less grindy, easier to build back up, etc
  7. Oooo, what server do you play on?
  8. I bought the game, been awhile since I played it though. The graphics were just not great. Very laggy. I have a good video card too, GTX 950. Who knows though, might try it again. You can play solo right? No need to be MP?
  9. When did you last play it though? And solo is an option yes.
  10. Can't remember now. Been many months. Installing it now and will see how it goes. Originally got it back when Aikar had the server up for it.
  11. Hm, then your lag may be reduced or gone. I think.
  12. It's not really lag, it's the graphics on higher settings. I'm pretty sure I already tried the game on my GTX 960 and it should have ran great on higher settings. I just don't feel like playing it on lowest setting. Ya it'll work fine but will look awful. We'll see how it goes now.
    fluffinator09 likes this.
  13. I run the game fine on Medium graphics, my laptop has a GTX 860. Plus medium doesn't look like playdough unlike low :p
  14. Ya didn't work very well on high and medium wasn't the best either. Still played it for a bit but I wasn't feeling it. Didn't help that I spawned in right in front of a T-Rex and died lol Needless to say I've uninstalled it :D
  15. lol, if you think thats bad, Try scorched earth. Ive literally spawned inside a boa and next to a terror bird pack and died before spawn animation ended....
    ThaKloned likes this.
  16. So I have set up a super level server if anyone is interested! Its not going to be 24/7 though but I can leave it up a lot.
  17. Also:

Old trailer but still VERY good.
  18. Bippity boppity.