Anyone want free slimeballs? I made a huge slime farm on SMP5!

Discussion in 'Share Your EMC Creations' started by jaqiefox, Sep 10, 2012.

1. I've laid an area with jack o lanterns instead of torches as an experiment. So far slimes have only been generating on the area with torches, but I wasn't there long enough to draw any conclusions. Grateful if people could post what they find here - are there more slimes on the area with Jack o lanterns?
  2. This may sound odd, but are the lanters in the floor, or on it?
  3. They are in the floor - I ran by there yesterday and thought it was odd that none spawned up there...
  4. Huh.. I always have better luck with lanterns
  5. In my experience there, the upper levels always had less slimes.

I have no idea why, but when I did this kinda thing in SSP, the most always spawned for me at height 9, which is why I did this at that height.
  6. You need more torches on the bottom level. I often get other mobs spawning down there.
  7. Been working on that. You could place some, too. :)

Some people keep stealing them.
  8. Will do.
  9. I forgot who, but someone placed JoL under the floor of each level pretty completely and tidied up a bit.

Thank you, it looks GREAT!

When I go there, more spawn than I can keep up with killing now @.@ but that's a good thing!
  10. Yeah, I accidentally logged in as my alt. out there today and it looks so much nicer. Thanks again to all people who put it together
  11. Thank you so much jaqiefox, ima donate 1000r to you! :p i got like 3 stacks of slime from just an hour :p
    jaqiefox likes this.
  12. Kinda late on this but.

Torches decreases the spawning rate of slimes, so I suggest getting rid of them (Those on the floor) and replacing them with lights in the ceiling.

And about the video there got linked: The spawning pad didnt have walls, so some parts of the slime spawned on airblocks and rest of the body on the torch, so that video isnt 100% correct.
  13. thank you! I used it to buy some diamonds. :)

I'm an odd girl, not much for diamonds in meatspace, but love them in the game! In meatspace Im much more endeared to computer parts. :)
    ISMOOCH likes this.
  14. Meatspace?
    anyway, you are welcome and thank you for making this!
  15. Slimes Like JackBiggin, Thats Why
    NINJATTILA likes this.